The Student Room Group

If successful we will contact you 3wks of closing date? HELP

I applied for a job, well a few and I'm starting to realise how long some of them take to reach back to me for an interview. I.e i applied for Superdrug and they had the nerve to contact me 4 weeks later for an interview, expecting me to still be enthusiastic.

Anywho, lets get to the point. I applied for this job and I still havent heard back, I applied on the 20th of July and the closing date was the 21st of July 2015. Mind you today is the 28th ( 4 days after closing) Now on the day I applied I received an email which stated "If successful in being shortlisted for interview we will contact you within 3 weeks of the application closing date." Can someone explain that to me, does it mean they will contact potential candidates 3 weeks before the closing date, or after. I'm seriously freaking out.

I'm really desperate for a job and feel like a total failure not having found one at such a peak time and summer is nearly over. I know my CV/ Cover Letter is not the problem as I did bag a few interviews , some which i didn't attend as the jobs were really far from where i lived,plus i had no interest in doing the particular job i.e catering. I wish i would've gone to all my interviews now.

Also, I always seem to get shortlisted until i have to do an online assessment which always ruin my chances 😪. Will I still be contacted for that job or not , I really want to know so i can start preparing interview questions for potential employers. 😔
It will be 3 weeks after the closing date. Sometimes they will wait right until the end as well.

I once received a telephone call a month later asking was I still interested in the job and was I looking for P/T or F/T. Hardly remembering the job as I had applied for dozens after I said 'F/T but would be open to P/T'. 'Oh. Because this role is P/T'. Still recieved an actual interview but that was naff as well with being told 'I can't tell you much about the role as its for a position in a new card shop that the company (WH Smith) had acquired but hadn't publically announced.' That was a complete waste of time.

One top tip for applying for jobs, focus more on the applications you are sending with the roles you want. They is no point applying for a job which really you would have no interest in accepting.
Reply 2
It means that you will hear if they wish to interview you within 3 weeks.

If you don't hear from them then you have been unsuccessful. It's simple
Original post by SirMasterKey
It will be 3 weeks after the closing date. Sometimes they will wait right until the end as well.

I once received a telephone call a month later asking was I still interested in the job and was I looking for P/T or F/T. Hardly remembering the job as I had applied for dozens after I said 'F/T but would be open to P/T'. 'Oh. Because this role is P/T'. Still recieved an actual interview but that was naff as well with being told 'I can't tell you much about the role as its for a position in a new card shop that the company (WH Smith) had acquired but hadn't publically announced.' That was a complete waste of time.

One top tip for applying for jobs, focus more on the applications you are sending with the roles you want. They is no point applying for a job which really you would have no interest in accepting.

Thank you, I'll keep my hopes up then, and true , because i always end up applying for anything really because I'm so desperate, but when it comes to actually going to the interviews I back out. Ill keep a note of that, thanks again. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mrteddy
Unless you have a type of disability then how can you not understand the bit in bold?

I think they didn't understand if it was 3 weeks before or after?? Anyway, on behalf of the op, thank you for your original answer. I think it was answering the question clearly and not sarcastic unless I just missed the sarcasm... Which is entirely possible......
Reply 5
Original post by Bobbi!
I think they didn't understand if it was 3 weeks before or after?? Anyway, on behalf of the op, thank you for your original answer. I think it was answering the question clearly and not sarcastic unless I just missed the sarcasm... Which is entirely possible......

It clearly states application closing date, so why would it be 3 weeks before the closing date especially if the job may only be up for a week or two.
Reply 6
Original post by mrteddy
It clearly states application closing date, so why would it be 3 weeks before the closing date especially if the job may only be up for a week or two.

I don't know, it's obvious to me what it meant, but I just thought that is the only possible misinterpretation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending