The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Need a place to stay in portsmouth. urgent

So, like many other students I was told the campus accomodations are filled for the year, and I can't really afford the places advertised on student pad. Is there anyone who's going to university of portsmouth and needs another room mate? I can only afford between £50 and £90 a week in rent and need a place that has internet and possibly included bills (I don't want to be paying extra for water/gas/electric). I'm looking to move down between 4th and 8th september as I have to sort things on the 3rd with the jobcenter up in liverpool first, mostly to get my last payment, before I leave.
Look on gumtree, you can always find roommates there and you should be able to find cheap rooms! (That's where I found my room for next year just a week ago but I'm not in Portsmouth)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by driftawaay
Look on gumtree, you can always find roommates there and you should be able to find cheap rooms! (That's where I found my room for next year just a week ago but I'm not in Portsmouth)

I foudn a place on Gumtree but the person hasn't gotten back to me just yet. I've been hunting on different websites for a place since friday
Original post by t.mwilliams
So, like many other students I was told the campus accomodations are filled for the year, and I can't really afford the places advertised on student pad. Is there anyone who's going to university of portsmouth and needs another room mate? I can only afford between £50 and £90 a week in rent and need a place that has internet and possibly included bills (I don't want to be paying extra for water/gas/electric). I'm looking to move down between 4th and 8th september as I have to sort things on the 3rd with the jobcenter up in liverpool first, mostly to get my last payment, before I leave.

Hi mate, I am also looking for somewhere.
There are a few decent places with all bills included for £100 a week.
What sort of size place/area are you looking at?
Reply 4
Hello,

I have a place and its really love... 4bedrooms.. And you have to pay about £250 for rent per month which is 62 per week... Really cheap. 12mins walk from the uni. Bills are not included but I just started looking for a flat mate. If you are interested contact me on 07424248839.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by AmyIbro
Hello,

I have a place and its really love... 4bedrooms.. And you have to pay about £250 for rent per month which is 62 per week... Really cheap. 12mins walk from the uni. Bills are not included but I just started looking for a flat mate. If you are interested contact me on 07424248839.

It is £62 per week anyway
Reply 6
Original post by plasmaman
Hi mate, I am also looking for somewhere.
There are a few decent places with all bills included for £100 a week.
What sort of size place/area are you looking at?

I need 2 flat mates. Pls contact me as soon as possible so we can go for the viewing soon.
Reply 7
Original post by AmyIbro
I need 2 flat mates. Pls contact me as soon as possible so we can go for the viewing soon.

Just a couple things though. I can't make it down there until between 4th and 9th September due to needing to sort things out with the jobcenter. also how much extra are the bills do you know?
Original post by t.mwilliams

Hi there!

Why not request to join our facebook page: UoP Fresher House Hunters 2015, where you can interact with other students who are looking for private sector accommodation.

Also you can register to come along to one of our house hunting events that are taking place this summer via E-Intro. This is a great way to meet with other prospective students who are also looking for private sector accommodation and view properites on the day.

Finally there are number of properties advertised on www.porstmouthstudentpad.co.uk that suit your budget of £50-£90 per week. if you click on the details link per property, it will take you to a page that discloses what bills are included within the rent prices. However not all of the properites will have bills inclusive of the rent.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any further queries.

All the best,

Uop Housing Team
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending