The Student Room Group

That one player..

Didn't know how to word the title so it was short enough, but if you could go back and watch one player play, who would it be?
Despite him still playing up until 2006, would be Zidane for me. Only memories I have of him are the WC final and when he scored 2 late goals to beat England. Failing Zidane, I think I'd go for an in his prime Ronaldo or maybe a 2005 Kaka, my favourite player.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldo during his PSV and Barcelona days. Remember bits of the latter but to watch him every week like we can with Messi, from the start of his time in Europe, would have been amazing.

What a player he was.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Ronaldo during his PSV and Barcelona days. Remember bits of the latter but to watch him every week like we can with Messi, from the start of his time in Europe, would have been amazing.

What a player he was.

Can only imagine what he could have achieved with some decent knees and a good attitude.
Reply 3
Probably Maradona to compare him to Messi
Original post by The Wavefunction
Can only imagine what he could have achieved with some decent knees and a good attitude.

He would have been the greatest ever imo. He was the best in the world at 20 years old :biggrin:

Everything was about him.

Was ****ing gutted when he went off in the final in '98 and the whole mystery around it. Such a shame about his injuries, we never got to see him at his peak really, but he still had a career that puts him up there with the greats, it was a great moment when he scored the two goals vs Germany in the final in '02 after everything he had been through.

Ronaldo :cool:
Original post by difeo

Very good shout (and point).
Original post by difeo

This
George Camsell, partly because he was born next door to my Grandmother's house but largely due to scoring 18 gorals in 9 matches for England.
Duncan Edwards as well, to see how right his contemporaries are with their comments about him.

Though there is a full game of his on Youtube.
Reply 9
Jimmy Johnstone. An obscene talent and so very underrated.
Heskey
Baggio.
Ferenc Puskas
Cristiano Ronaldo at Sporting Lisbon
Original post by Manchester United
Cristiano Ronaldo at Sporting Lisbon

For real?
Original post by The Wavefunction
For real?

No, Sporting.
George Best, no contest. I'd rather watch him intoxicated than any other player in history, would still be better.
Although there are a lot of players I wish I could have seen, I'll go with a nostalgic answer and say Bobby Moore. Preferably in the 1966 World Cup final.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Duncan Edwards as well, to see how right his contemporaries are with their comments about him.

Though there is a full game of his on Youtube.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Bobby Charlton said he was the best player he ever played with which says a lot really. A lot of people say he'd have been the one captaining England in 1966 and not Moore

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll go with Edwards too. Shame that the game on Youtube he played CB and United had 10 men.

Quick Reply

Latest