The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing your parents/guardians said to you?

Title says it all.

Scroll to see replies

My mother said I was embarrassing. :frown:

So I made her cry. :colone:
Original post by william walker

Did she regret what she said?
Reply 3
Original post by william walker

why what did you say/do?
Original post by parrot16
Did she regret what she said?

Yeah because I flipped at her. Though she was right, I was being embarrassing. :s-smilie: It is just that she shouldn't have said, and she said it in front of people. I was rather embarrassed rather by it to be honest. :colonhash:
Reply 5
My mother once said I was "just a fat Eddie Murphy".

I'm white and of average build.
My dad's called me a retard, dumb and slow, mongoloid (as in down syndrome) these last few years

Me and my sister once dropped a box of cherries in the boot when we were small and my mum said "can't wait till you ****ing kids go back"
Otherwise she's lovely
My mum called me a slut when she found out I had a boyfriend. Bit dramatic if you ask me, she didn't even see anything dirty.
My mum said she'd wish she'd aborted me. TBF, I was 13 and being a nasty little ****, and she really lost her temper with me at that point. She bought me an ice cream after the row, which was her way of saying sorry. Now, after 8 years, when we have an argument (which is seldom) I point out how she'd once wished I'd been aborted to make her feel bad. So, yes, I'm still a little ****.
Original post by jedanselemyia
My dad's called me a retard, dumb and slow, mongoloid (as in down syndrome) these last few years

Me and my sister once dropped a box of cherries in the boot when we were small and my mum said "can't wait till you ****ing kids go back"
Otherwise she's lovely

:gasp:
Reply 10
"You're not as clever as you think you are"

I continue to prove them wrong everyday.
Oh, when I didn't get into my first choice uni, my dad said if I'd spend more time on my studies rather than sleeping around I'd have got the required grades. apart from that comment he's lovely.
Original post by YellowWallpaper
My mum said she'd wish she'd aborted me. TBF, I was 13 and being a nasty little ****, and she really lost her temper with me at that point. She bought me an ice cream after the row, which was her way of saying sorry. Now, after 8 years, when we have an argument (which is seldom) I point out how she'd once wished I'd been aborted to make her feel bad. So, yes, I'm still a little ****.

If she made you feel bad it is natural to make her feel bad too even though she is your parent.
Original post by parrot16
:gasp:

yeah I know, I don't live with him now so the distance is all good :smile:
Original post by jedanselemyia
yeah I know, I don't live with him now so the distance is all good :smile:

:biggrin:
Actually, here's another horrible comment from my dad. I love David Bowie, he's my favourite artist, ever.My dad, during an argument we had when I was 13, said that Bowie secretly has AIDS and was going to die soon. That made me cry, even though it was 7 years ago and Bowie wasn't even recording anything. :frown:
Mum - "you're the reason I can't have friends or have a relationship"

She said that in the heat of an argument one day because 'who wants to date someone with a kid'. She took it back and cried all that jazz but tbh, it stuck with me.
My mum said she wonder's what she did wrong as a mother to end up with a child like me :/
Original post by pram
why what did you say/do?

I was at a football club. I was playing and getting most of the ball, when one of the trainers come in and took the ball off me and kicked it to someone else who wasn't as good as me. So I went mental and started shouting and swearing at him. Like what fook did you do that for you p"ick. He told me to leave so I did. My mother walked after me into the hallway, and I stopped so she could catch up to me. Then as she was walking up to me she said "you are such an embarrassment." So I grabbed the car keys out of her hand and said fook you and ran off to the car. She stayed in the hall talking with people for 10 minutes and explaining things so they wouldn't kick me out of the club totally then came back to the car. I let her in, as I had calmed down by this point. However I refused to talk to her for 5 hours. When I came down and said "so are you sorry for calling me an embarrassment then." She started crying. :frown:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Mum - "you're the reason I can't have friends or have a relationship"

She said that in the heat of an argument one day because 'who wants to date someone with a kid'. She took it back and cried all that jazz but tbh, it stuck with me.

:frown:. My mother said something similar like nobody will want to date me in the future

Quick Reply

Latest