The Student Room Group

how to get over a guy?

i had a fling with this guy who i now dislike a great deal but also still like him and i can't stop thinking about him. it wasn't anything serious but i still feel down about everything (not gonna go into detail)

can anyone help me on how to get over this? I'm normally so strong and such an independent woman so i can't stand it when a guy takes over my mind! -.-

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
can anyone help me on how to get over this?

Stepladder?
Are you a member on this forum? PM me, as I would like to talk in greater detail.
Reply 3
Original post by william walker
Are you a member on this forum? PM me, as I would like to talk in greater detail.

i am yes. thanks for your concern but i dont know how i feel about sharing my situation is greater detail. are you in a similar position or something?
Time is the best healer.

If your feelings are to strong for him, try and fix the problems?
i had a fling with this guy who i now dislike a great deal but also still like him and i can't stop thinking about him. it wasn't anything serious but i still feel down about everything (not gonna go into detail)

can anyone help me on how to get over this? I'm normally so strong and such an independent woman so i can't stand it when a guy takes over my mind! -.-

When I got out of my 8 year relationship, I just occupied myself with other things so I don't think of it as much, I also just tried to figure out the positives of giving it up and getting in the mindset that it was better to end it and move on. You might feel as if it'll take ages to get over it, but you wont at all :P
Reply 6
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
Time is the best healer.

If your feelings are to strong for him, try and fix the problems?

nah theres no going back!! its just that he's made me resent men and i want to move out of that phase lol
Reply 7
Original post by Redmark
When I got out of my 8 year relationship, I just occupied myself with other things so I don't think of it as much, I also just tried to figure out the positives of giving it up and getting in the mindset that it was better to end it and move on. You might feel as if it'll take ages to get over it, but you wont at all :P

thanks for your help! I'm sorry to hear about your break up
Reply 8
The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.
time and distance- it will work
Reply 10
Time is the best solution. Erase him from your life too e.g. Delete his Facebook, delete his phone contacts. Basically just act like you would before you knew him.
thanks for your help! I'm sorry to hear about your break up

Oh don't be :P I got over it and I've moved on :smile: you will too, so keep your chin up

Sleep with someone else
Find someone better looking
i am yes. thanks for your concern but i dont know how i feel about sharing my situation is greater detail. are you in a similar position or something?

I just enjoy people telling me how they feel, so I can understand it.
Original post by Катя
Sleep with someone else

he's put me off sex so that won't work!
Reply 16
Time heals all wounds....

Spoiler

I literally was obsessed with a guy that had no interest in me for the best part of 2 years, the only way I got over him was by liking other people, flirting and seeing what other people were like as I'd never paid much attention. You may never totally get over him, you will always care about him a little like I do with this guy but I can easily hear him talk about how he got with someone and joke with him about it without feeling hurt at all, although if I wasn't in a relationship I would still accept the offer of getting with him :') it was annoying because as soon as I got into my relationship and hadn't told anyone about it yet he tried to get with me at a party and it killed me but I couldn't do it :P

anyway back to the point, focus on other people, do fun things with friends, talk to other guys, it may feel like there is no other guy you can ever imagine being with right now but have some time to treat yourself and distract yourself, don't look at his social media, don't bring him up in conversation, tell yourself over and over to get over him and you want to be a strong independent woman again!
Original post by liquity
I literally was obsessed with a guy that had no interest in me for the best part of 2 years, the only way I got over him was by liking other people, flirting and seeing what other people were like as I'd never paid much attention. You may never totally get over him, you will always care about him a little like I do with this guy but I can easily hear him talk about how he got with someone and joke with him about it without feeling hurt at all, although if I wasn't in a relationship I would still accept the offer of getting with him :':wink: it was annoying because as soon as I got into my relationship and hadn't told anyone about it yet he tried to get with me at a party and it killed me but I couldn't do it :P

anyway back to the point, focus on other people, do fun things with friends, talk to other guys, it may feel like there is no other guy you can ever imagine being with right now but have some time to treat yourself and distract yourself, don't look at his social media, don't bring him up in conversation, tell yourself over and over to get over him and you want to be a strong independent woman again!

I'm sorry it couldn't work out between us, I haven't got over it either :wink:
he's put me off sex so that won't work!

Kiss someone else? Or generally spend time with someone else in a romantic capacity... I mean, it's the only thing that's ever worked for me. :frown:

Going out for a run helps some people, but it just made me pissed off tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending