The Student Room Group

Chose the wrong course at college!

I have just finished college and don't know what to do now! I chose the wrong subject to study, instead I want to go into textiles/design but I have no portfolio as I didn't do it at GCSE, any advice on what I could do?
Thanks! 😊
Original post by Pj97
I have just finished college and don't know what to do now! I chose the wrong subject to study, instead I want to go into textiles/design but I have no portfolio as I didn't do it at GCSE, any advice on what I could do?
Thanks! 😊

what course did you do at college?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
what course did you do at college?:smile:

Health and Social Care
Original post by Pj97
Health and Social Care

some unis would want art at level 3, however there are some foundation entry courses at unis that would take you if you got around MMM in any btec, so thats a possibility?
Or you can look into whether you can do level 3 art anywhere locally to give you more choices?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
some unis would want art at level 3, however there are some foundation entry courses at unis that would take you if you got around MMM in any btec, so thats a possibility?
Or you can look into whether you can do level 3 art anywhere locally to give you more choices?

I was looking at going back to college and doing an art and design course, but it requires a portfolio which I don't have :frown:
Original post by Pj97
I was looking at going back to college and doing an art and design course, but it requires a portfolio which I don't have :frown:

can you speak to them about whether you could get a portfolio done over the summer? Unless you want to find a foundation entry course that could consider you without a portfolio?

Quick Reply

Latest