The Student Room Group

2016 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Merged both into one, as both were pretty dead over the last year. Anything interesting happened already, whats opened?

Scroll to see replies

anyone? noone making consulting apps to big 4 even lol?
Reply 2
Original post by welcometoib
anyone? noone making consulting apps to big 4 even lol?

Not much is open yet; EY's applications open on the 3rd of August though. Think most others open up later August or October; I won't be applying til after some uni networking events myself.
Reply 3
Will be applying for McKinsey's summer internship.
Original post by dlaiden
Not much is open yet; EY's applications open on the 3rd of August though. Think most others open up later August or October; I won't be applying til after some uni networking events myself.

fair shout, i didnt actually look at any dates yet, assumed big 4 were open now. uni? and where will you be applying?
Original post by SJU1
Will be applying for McKinsey's summer internship.

bcg, ow, no? you sound pretty confident, cambridge maths and head of the finance soc or something? :tongue:
I want to apply for Big 4 consulting but will have a gap year until 2016 as I am finishing uni now. Will this be perceived as a lack of organisation or that I failed to get in last year or disadvantage me in any other way?
Reply 7
bcg, ow, no? you sound pretty confident, cambridge maths and head of the finance soc or something? :tongue:

Na - I'm the opposite of confident which is why I'm not going all out haha. I did McKinsey's Discover 2015 Programme and so I'm just putting in an app following that. Not Oxbridge, head of my law soc though so you can probably guess what my career choice is looking like!
Original post by scrotgrot
I want to apply for Big 4 consulting but will have a gap year until 2016 as I am finishing uni now. Will this be perceived as a lack of organisation or that I failed to get in last year or disadvantage me in any other way?

big 4 consulting requires a range of extra currics to show competencies, university makes that easier to achieve and keep things on the cv updated, but in the year out if you show qualities needed, should be ok, gl!
big 4 consulting requires a range of extra currics to show competencies, university makes that easier to achieve and keep things on the cv updated, but in the year out if you show qualities needed, should be ok, gl!

I am applying this cycle rather than last year as I needed to do precisely that. Now I have what I believe to be a strong range of ECs. However I have no plans for the year ahead. I could secure work experience but it would probably be in accounting or similar. Masters is out of the question as that's what I've spent the past year doing
fair shout, i didnt actually look at any dates yet, assumed big 4 were open now. uni? and where will you be applying?

I'm at Cambridge, and I'll be applying to quite a few: BCG, Accenture, PwC, Oliver Wyman and McKinsey at least, and any others I become interested in after events in October. Juggling law vacation scheme apps and civil service internship app too! You?
Anyone applying to PwC, what does the 'Conditional Offer Grades 1' tick box mean? It's in the higher education section.
Original post by Fas
Anyone applying to PwC, what does the 'Conditional Offer Grades 1' tick box mean? It's in the higher education section.

PwC is open?
Original post by dlaiden
PwC is open?

The industrial placement is yeah. The one I'm going for is Deals-Forensics, if anyone else is in same boat?
Original post by dlaiden

does EY open up vacancies in other areas later on, or are the ones that are currently advertised the final ones?
Original post by dlaiden
I'm at Cambridge, and I'll be applying to quite a few: BCG, Accenture, PwC, Oliver Wyman and McKinsey at least, and any others I become interested in after events in October. Juggling law vacation scheme apps and civil service internship app too! You?

warwick, and no idea yet how many apps i make, will see how i feel in a couple weeks :biggrin: most open up really late, so time yet
Original post by Fas
The industrial placement is yeah. The one I'm going for is Deals-Forensics, if anyone else is in same boat?

Original post by Fas
does EY open up vacancies in other areas later on, or are the ones that are currently advertised the final ones?

Ah, I see. Hopefully their summer placements will be up soon too. :frown: No idea unfortunately; I just got an email about some areas opening up on the 3rd/today.

warwick, and no idea yet how many apps i make, will see how i feel in a couple weeks :biggrin: most open up really late, so time yet

Haha, I'm not at all confident I have the experience they're looking for which is why I've got such a wide selection. And that's true - more time to get prepared!
Original post by cm43
Deloitte opened on July 1st and are doing it on a rolling basis, when the spaces are filled up they will shut applications

on their site is says consulting summers open sep 1st, youre posting what they used to do last year
Does anyone know what firms hire the most people in a year? I know big4 seem to hire a lot but I see some vacancies that say they hire 2 people which is so ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
on their site is says consulting summers open sep 1st, youre posting what they used to do last year

Maybe we should write all the application start and deadlines for lots of companies and like the application processes on your opening post?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest