The Student Room Group

Adjustment question

So I applied to Newcastle for biomedical science in my first 5 choices, however they gave me an offer of AAB, whilst I was predicted ABB. Warwick offered me ABB for biomedical science, so I accepted them as my firm.
Now, however, Newcastle has Biomedical science on clearing with a grade requirement of ABB. If I get ABB, can I switch universities via adjustment?
No, to use adjustment you need to meet and exceed your firm offer. ABB grades doesn't exceed a firm offer of ABB so you wouldn't be eligible.
Original post by CantonHero
So I applied to Newcastle for biomedical science in my first 5 choices, however they gave me an offer of AAB, whilst I was predicted ABB. Warwick offered me ABB for biomedical science, so I accepted them as my firm.Now, however, Newcastle has Biomedical science on clearing with a grade requirement of ABB. If I get ABB, can I switch universities via adjustment?

You have to exceed your offer to be eligible for adjustment. You can ask to be released from your firm choice to go into clearing instead.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you both for the assistance, is appreciated in helping me decide what to do.

Quick Reply