The Student Room Group

AS Results Day FAQ & Advice Thread: What's next? - 13 August 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L. average
I took biology, Geography, Maths and English and Gained BBBB, I'm okay with them, but a few UMS marks off an A for both Maths and Biology, is it worth getting them remarked?
Also im wanting to study MBiol at Durham Uni next year, out of Geography and English which would be best to drop? please help

For science/maths subjects, it is unlikely (but not impossible) for marks to change following a remark as they're marked according to a strict mark scheme. It's up to you but just beat in mind that your mark can go down as well as up.

Congratulations with your results - they're great. :biggrin:
Hey everyone! My sister got her results today - she got into uni but she's a little bit disappointed with her grades regardless, does anyone know if you can request coursework as well as exam scripts? She did badly in the coursework and she wants to know what went wrong.
Reply 82
Does anyone know when Edexcel will post the detailed analysis of our results(the grade for each unit)? Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! Hopefully this is the right place :/

I'm dissapointed with the result of my AQA Psychology exams (AS). Throughout the year, I've been consistently getting A's in mocks and I concentrated the most revision on the subject, since it's my favourite. I came out of the exams feeling confident that I got the correct answers, yet I've received a C with a UMS of 69%.

Is it worth it to ask for a remarking? I'm worried since there's been talk going round that some examiners have marked A Level results incorrectly.

Please help :biggrin:
Got BCCE in AS
Economics - B
C- Maths
C- Chemistry
E- Biology (Dropping)

Disappointed in maths, got an A in S1 but Ds in C1 and C2. Honestly thought I did decent in C1 at least.

I think I'll resit C1 and C2 tbh
Does anyone know how to get the raw marks from AQA and OCR ums at AS?
What does the "points" column mean on the results sheet
Hi i was 1 ums an A in Maths and 2 ums off an A Biology, i don't know whether to get them remarked? help?!
Original post by SamHewetson
Hello! Hopefully this is the right place :/

I'm dissapointed with the result of my AQA Psychology exams (AS). Throughout the year, I've been consistently getting A's in mocks and I concentrated the most revision on the subject, since it's my favourite. I came out of the exams feeling confident that I got the correct answers, yet I've received a C with a UMS of 69%.

Is it worth it to ask for a remarking? I'm worried since there's been talk going round that some examiners have marked A Level results incorrectly.

Please help :biggrin:

Hey,

If your total UMS is 69% overall, you're just 1% off the B grade. If you feel as though it was marked incorrectly, you may as well go for it (although just bear in mind that if your grade doesn't change, you won't get a refund in paying for the remark). :smile:

Original post by katinthehat
Does anyone know how to get the raw marks from AQA and OCR ums at AS?

For AQA, you can use their UMS converter: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

If you want to convert UMS to raw marks for them, just enter 0 as the mark and then from there, you can use the tables/graph to get an idea of what your raw mark from UMS.

Original post by L. average
Hi i was 1 ums an A in Maths and 2 ums off an A Biology, i don't know whether to get them remarked? help?!

In general, it is unlikely for grades to change in the sciencey subjects as there is less interpretation from examiners in marking them. This doesn't mean that it's impossible though - you could request to see a copy of your script to see if there's any place where you think you should have been awarded a few extra marks. :smile:
I was 1 UMS of a B in the 1st exam and 3 UMS of a B in the 2nd exam for my Chemistry AS-Level.
Should I get both re-marked, or just one?
Reply 90
Would it be possible to retake any exams in January if I do it privatly
1 UMS off an A in AQA psychology A, remark the paper I got a mid B in or not?
Original post by Mur298
Would it be possible to retake any exams in January if I do it privatly

I'm afraid not. The earliest opportunity to retake would be next summer.
Reply 93
i got my As results and i am in a dilemma i have a B(210 ums) in AQA bio, a C(197 ums)in AQA chem and a C(188 ums) in edexcel maths i want to do optom at bradford do i have a chance of getting an offer? and can i be predicted 3Bs by my teachers? Thanks
Reply 94
Hi everyone :smile:
I received my AS results yesterday and have achieved BDDD which devastated me. I'm kindly asking anyone who can help what I should do from this point as I'm not sure if I should do resits, and if I should apply for uni this year, but I guess no good uni would consider these grades, or if I should apply the year after when I have my A2 grades. Can't retake entire year as that would mean I would have to drop down a year and participate in the new specification which doesn't end until 2017 :frown:
Any advice will be very kindly appreciated.

Breakdown
Maths- B in C1, B in S1, C in C2. Biology- C in ISA, E in Unit 1, D in Unit 2
Chemistry- A in ''ISA'', D Unit 1, E Unit 2
Physics- E in unit 1, C in Unit 2, B in coursework
PS was planning on doing chemical engineering at a Russel Group University :frown:
Hi i got CDD in my AS exams :frown: what are the chances of me bumping them up to BBB or possibly higher at A2? I am planning to resit a couple of modules to help boost my AS grade. Any help is much appreciated thank you.
@Slowbro93@PQ@usycool1
Today i received confirmation of my unconditional offer for a course via clearing through UCAS, and I'm waiting for a final confirmation email from them. This will contain the application number to apply for accommodation with the uni. But do I need that application number to apply for private accommodation that is managed by Birmingham city student homes? I don't know whether it would be better for me to pursue the private route, especially because the deposit for university accomodation for most options are expensive.
I got a CCUU. can't get anymore worse than that as I was Predicted ABBB. now i'm completely lost and don't know what to do from this point. So disappointed as i've been getting consistent As in history and Bs and Cs in the rest

History- Unit 1, E Unit 2 A = C
English lit- Unit1 B Unit 2 c = C
Psychology- U on both exams. wanted to change to business but the college wouldn't let me
Philosophy- U (new AQA 3hr long exam)
Reply 98
Original post by Emily.97

Lmao. Moving to a city for a man you've met online and only known him for a few weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
So I've obtained ACCC despite being predicted AAAC. I've ordered priority scripts so that I can discuss them with my teachers and see whether a remark might help my grades.

In the event of my grades not increasing, but having a prediction of AAA and a reference putting forward a case for the exams being blips and the A2 results correcting this, how likely am I to be considered by Russel Group universities, as per my original plan?

Quick Reply

Latest