The Student Room Group

Why do people drink Guinness?

No one can tell me its a nice drink its terrible.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lies:

Kilkenny Irish Cream ale is boss, brewed by Guinness. Not to be confused with Kilkenny liqueur from AU, which is amazing as well on the rocks. :beer:

What don't you like about it, and what beer do you prefer?
Reply 3
Original post by Man.bear.pig
Kilkenny Irish Cream ale is boss, brewed by Guinness. Not to be confused with Kilkenny liqueur from AU, which is amazing as well on the rocks. :beer:

What don't you like about it, and what beer do you prefer?

It tastes so bitter, I like beer but this is just piss water. Do you really think it tastes good? I like beers such as carlsberg and budwiser 66 (only the 66 version)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because people drink it

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's nice, Put some blackcurrant in it.

Guinness Foreign Extra is ****ing lovely.
Guiness is ok I prefer porter tho. fortunately different people like different things otherwise the world would be a boring place
Reply 7
Best drink in the world, blackcurrant Guiness isnt my favourite, but try it with that? takes away the bitterness a bit
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's nice, Put some blackcurrant in it.

Guinness Foreign Extra is ****ing lovely.

Been meaning to try it with blackcurrant for ages. I do love Guinness myself.
Reply 9
To be honest all of them are awful, get cider
I like it and it is a great meal replacement. Guinness is the breakfast of champions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Killa Kam
It tastes so bitter, I like beer but this is just piss water. Do you really think it tastes good? I like beers such as carlsberg and budwiser 66 (only the 66 version)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just a question of taste. You like lighter, fruitier drinks, others like richer, yeasty drinks.
If you like fizzy lager, then a pint of the black stuff is hardly likely to be your thing.

It is an acquired taste, but if you like your stuff, fine
vodka chugging + prawn cocktail flavoured crisps to dilute the disgusting taste afterwards.
J20 is better than them all
Reply 15
I don't like it either; I tried it a few years ago and thought it tasted smoky. I heard its suppose to taste better in Ireland so might try it again when I go to Dublin.
Original post by gemmam
I don't like it either; I tried it a few years ago and thought it tasted smoky. I heard its suppose to taste better in Ireland so might try it again when I go to Dublin.

It tastes no different in Ireland.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Been meaning to try it with blackcurrant for ages. I do love Guinness myself.

It's really good, my mate got me a pint of it with blackcurrant in on a night out once, thought it was a strange combination but it tastes excellent.

You tried that Foreign Extra stuff? It's like Guinness but a lot stronger. I like it.
It's alright. Of all the macro beers out there it's the one that actually tastes of something and is very consistent. You can go to a pub almost anywhere and get Guinness that tastes the same. This can be an advantage in place where a pub's cask ale is in dire condition or their bottled selection is terrible or prohibitively expensive. As an example of a porter/stout it's not especially strongly flavoured but for a beer that is sold all over the world it does have some decent flavour.

I'll drink it like once a year if that, usually on St Patrick's day because I'm a sucker for advertising sometimes.
Because they ****ing want to, duh!

Quick Reply

Latest