The Student Room Group

Confused after my first year at Uni?

I've now finished my first year of university and since being at home for summer i've been extremely confused with my life and what i want out of it.

I'm studying Law, and don't know if i want to be lawyer.
I'm not sure if i've made the best friends possible at Uni, although
have had the greatest year of my life.
I've had enough of boys and their annoying game-playing ways (a tad upset about this one haha)

I just want to travel and let go, and enjoy my years, not just exist and not live?

I'm really very confused and everything seems a tad too much at the mo!
I'm 19 if anyones wondering!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by lousmithy
I've now finished my first year of university and since being at home for summer i've been extremely confused with my life and what i want out of it.

I've had enough of boys and their annoying game-playing ways (a tad upset about this one haha)

I just want to travel and let go, and enjoy my years, not just exist and not live?

Thanks!

1. Just becuase you do law, doesnt mean you have to be a lawyer. many graduate jobs just require a degree in any subject. Obvious you cannot become a geography teacher but possibility are nearly endless.
2. Why do you think they are not the best? You have many more years in your life to make more friends.
3. What have a boy done? next time dont be so easy, this way you can filter out the guys who want a relationship and those who just want sex. Also dont expect a guy who comes dancing with you at a club to commit to a long term relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by freedom
1. Just becuase you do law, doesnt mean you have to be a lawyer. many graduate jobs just require a degree in any subject. Obvious you cannot become a geography teacher but possibility are nearly endless.
2. Why do you think they are not the best? You have many more years in your life to make more friends.
3. What have a boy done? next time dont be so easy, this way you can filter out the guys who want a relationship and those who just want sex. Also dont expect a guy who comes dancing with you at a club to commit to a long term relationship.

I don't think my degree is the issue or uni, i just think i really want to travel mainly and haven't found anyone to do so and i so others from uni's going with their new friends and travelling!…

I don't give up, i haven't slept with anyone at Uni, maybe that's the reason. I'm currently talking to a boy who seemed so into it at first, we both were and 2 months down the line he's stopped texting as much and seems less keen.
I'm going to see him in 2 weeks and he's taking me out for a meal, i just don't understand his behaviour pattern :frown: ?
get a part time job save up and go travelling next summer or whenever you want my friend spent 3 year travelling around the world after he graduated had the time of his life
Reply 4

Thanks!

What I'd do is go travel for a year after you finish your degree, so you will graduate and have a degree to fall back on, but then you can grow as a person. You can then go back to uni if you feel you need to.
With regard, to guys....well try and talk to guys you feel won't play a game, if they are, they're not mature 😂 any guy who is mature won't at any games, because if they genuinely like you, they will text you back as soon as they get a message, and won't wait to make you want them more 😂

About how you think you haven't made the greatest friends at uni, chill out, you've only known thematic year, so they aren't going to be your best friends yet, and they won't have told everything about them to you, your school friends would have been closer, because you knew them for longer.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I don't think my degree is the issue or uni, i just think i really want to travel mainly and haven't found anyone to do so and i so others from uni's going with their new friends and travelling!…

I don't give up, i haven't slept with anyone at Uni, maybe that's the reason. I'm currently talking to a boy who seemed so into it at first, we both were and 2 months down the line he's stopped texting as much and seems less keen.
I'm going to see him in 2 weeks and he's taking me out for a meal, i just don't understand his behaviour pattern :frown: ?

no sleeping is not the reason, the guy is probably just confused. Also we all get bored of texting someone for a long time. Thats why its best to meet in person, and do all the talking there.
Reply 6
Original post by BenUK
What I'd do is go travel for a year after you finish your degree, so you will graduate and have a degree to fall back on, but then you can grow as a person. You can then go back to uni if you feel you need to.
With regard, to guys....well try and talk to guys you feel won't play a game, if they are, they're not mature 😂 any guy who is mature won't at any games, because if they genuinely like you, they will text you back as soon as they get a message, and won't wait to make you want them more 😂

About how you think you haven't made the greatest friends at uni, chill out, you've only known them a year, so they aren't going to be your best friends yet, and they won't have told everything about them to you, your school friends would have been closer, because you knew them for longer.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending