The Student Room Group

Oxbridge FAQ!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Helenia
Hehehe, communal showers! Towel-whippings and all? :tongue: Mind you, I'm pretty traumatised by memories of what went on in our changing rooms in year 7/8. :eek:

Care to elaborate? :smile:

We never had to deal with communal showers actually, thankfully! Tho the school did use to have an old open-air swimming pool, which was pretty shocking. Apart from the fact that it was it the middle of the entire school, buckets of chlorine were also chucked in to "sanitise it"..... :eek:
Reply 181
MadLy
Care to elaborate? :smile:

We never had to deal with communal showers actually, thankfully! Tho the school did use to have an old open-air swimming pool, which was pretty shocking. Apart from the fact that it was it the middle of the entire school, buckets of chlorine were also chucked in to "sanitise it"..... :eek:

No. Nasty 2nd year girls were very mean to innocent 1st years. In scarily lesbian ways :eek:

Oooh, we had an outdoor pool too. I remember once blacking out following diving in, because it was so cold!
Reply 182
Helenia
No. Nasty 2nd year girls were very mean to innocent 1st years. In scarily lesbian ways :eek:

Lol, your school didnt happen to be catholic as well did it? :tongue: That would give some substance to a repeating film theme...of course, I suppose I should check a few sources on this... Now wheres that blockbuster card? :wink: :biggrin:

I dont think it was the same here, though I never did venture into the other changing rooms......more a case of kids with lynx cans and lighters! :rolleyes:

Helenia
Oooh, we had an outdoor pool too. I remember once blacking out following diving in, because it was so cold!

What happened....did you have to be rescued!? :eek:, bet you werent popular with your PE teacher after that, if ya did :tongue:

I suppose the cold water was 'beneficial' for exercise......if you didnt move, you'd turn blue......
We had communal showers and they weren't that bad. After GCSEs nobody cared anyway. There was a little towel whipping, but not excessive amounts, just good fun.
Reply 184
where did you go to school, Baz?
Reply 185
MadLy
Lol, your school didnt happen to be catholic as well did it? :tongue: That would give some substance to a repeating film theme...of course, I suppose I should check a few sources on this... Now wheres that blockbuster card? :wink: :biggrin:

No, we weren't Catholic, there were just some weird girls with power complexes in the upper year. It never happened after that year, we didn't feel like inflicting certain things on the first years :redface: And what film do you mean? It wasn't that bad, but if you're a shy little 11 year old, it's torture.

What happened....did you have to be rescued!? :eek:, bet you werent popular with your PE teacher after that, if ya did :tongue:

Nah - I was fine, just everything went funny colours and I stopped swimming; fortunately I'd reached the shallow end by that point. After about 10 minutes everyone was turning blue, so they let us get out.

Communal showers is definitely a male thing - I remember when we went on CCF camp and the boys had minging cold communal showers; we had a luxury new block with private cubicles and baths and stuff. :biggrin:
Helenia
No, we weren't Catholic, there were just some weird girls with power complexes in the upper year. It never happened after that year, we didn't feel like inflicting certain things on the first years :redface: And what film do you mean? It wasn't that bad, but if you're a shy little 11 year old, it's torture.

You'll go down in Joey's estimations. :rolleyes: Even though he prefers CLC girls. :tongue: We started when we were 13, so it wasn't quite the same, most people had grown up a bit by then.

Yannis - Westminster School.
Reply 187
BazTheMoney
You'll go down in Joey's estimations. :rolleyes: Even though he prefers CLC girls. :tongue: We started when we were 13, so it wasn't quite the same, most people had grown up a bit by then.

Yannis - Westminster School.

Joey knows I went to a crap school. He doesn't know about the lesbians. The mere fact that it started at 11 is shocking enough. :eek: And they weren't really lesbians, but made us do straaaaaange things. Enough information!
Helenia
Joey knows I went to a crap school. He doesn't know about the lesbians. The mere fact that it started at 11 is shocking enough. :eek: And they weren't really lesbians, but made us do straaaaaange things. Enough information!

Lesbianism isn't a bad thing :wink: Sounds like a brothel...
Reply 189
BazTheMoney
Lesbianism isn't a bad thing :wink: Sounds like a brothel...

That's what our housemaster said when I was in 3rd year and he walked in on the 4th years playing strip poker :eek: (different house by then, but some of the same girls). And it's not a good thing either - was just part of the power trip.
Helenia
That's what our housemaster said when I was in 3rd year and he walked in on the 4th years playing strip poker :eek: (different house by then, but some of the same girls). And it's not a good thing either - was just part of the power trip.

So the year above you (my year infact) were all closet lesbians? If I was still 16, that information would probable be the highlight of my week. :biggrin:
Reply 191
{is a little too stunned to speak} :eek:

There was me just thinking it sounded like you went to a reasonably normal (by my standards) school Helenia :eek:
Suddenly my school's PE doesn't sound so bad.
Reply 192
I think I've learned that lesson now :eek:
Reply 193
BazTheMoney
So the year above you (my year infact) were all closet lesbians? If I was still 16, that information would probable be the highlight of my week. :biggrin:

They weren't closet lesbians, as far as I am aware. They were just power happy, and humiliating us in a semi-sexual way is one way of exerting that power :redface: And surprisingly, we never told the boys that it went on, or they'd never have shut up about it.

H&E - this wasn't an all-girls school, nor was it a church school. And it's not as dodgy as you're probably thinking. Sorry to disturb you, Acaila!
Helenia
They weren't closet lesbians, as far as I am aware. They were just power happy, and humiliating us in a semi-sexual way is one way of exerting that power :redface: And surprisingly, we never told the boys that it went on, or they'd never have shut up about it.

They were into S&M as well, then?
Reply 195
BazTheMoney
They were into S&M as well, then?

Not that I am aware of. But I don't think I knew what that was at the time.
Reply 196
Helenia

H&E - this wasn't an all-girls school, nor was it a church school. And it's not as dodgy as you're probably thinking. Sorry to disturb you, Acaila!

Sounds a little more normal now, especially considering I'm sitting beside my school's residen crossdresser :rolleyes:
Reply 197
Acaila
Sounds a little more normal now, especially considering I'm sitting beside my school's residen crossdresser :rolleyes:

:confused:
Reply 198
Acaila

Well, it wasn't normal, but it wasn't as disturbing as you probably thought it was. We never had a resident crossdresser, although there are a few of the boys who appear at every party possible in drag :eek:
Louise_1988
And kings is no more over-subscribed than any other college, just to point out. Many admissions tutors choose not to look which school you go to, so they cannot be accused of discrimination. Anyway how are the to know if "St.Josephs's School" is state or private.
You seem to have this obsession with making life fair. One of the first things I learn is "Life ain't fair, you better get used to it."

I have to take issue with you here. There are plenty of people who, throughout history have NOT said 'Life ain't fair, you better get used to it'. They've said, 'Life isn't fair and I'm going to do something about it' and those are the kind of people who change the world. Imagine if the Suffragettes had sat back, shrugged their shoulders and said 'Life ain't fair. We'd better get used to it!' Thank God they didn't or you wouldn't be in a position to apply to Oxbridge at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending