The Student Room Group

UK politicians unable to answer very simple questions

You couldn't make this up but this is what passes for normal.

We were watching the news in the background this morning and a Labour MP was being interviewed about the rise of Jeremy Corbyn.

The interviewer was saying that some people said the problem was that politicians did not act natural and came out with manufactured lines. The MP said that he is trying very hard to be natural.

The interviewer then asked him whether any of the Labour female leadership contenders were strong enough candidates against Jeremy C.

The MP then went on this long cultural Marxist based diatribe about equal opportunities for women in the Labour Party and their track record.

The interviewer tried the question again,
Do you think specifically the women who are candidates against Corbyn are strong enough?

The MP then gave a long rambling answer about, such a cacophony that I can't remember it precisely, some type of contrived tribute to women.

He is unable to answer a simple specific question about whether 2 or 3 specific females are strong candidates not or not strong candidates.

No wonder people are saying that these people are not natural. They are like people from another planet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus christ, do you even understand the idea of being diplomatic?

"I think all women should be given equal opportunity to stand in a leadership contest as it is not based on gender" is a far better way of saying "I think Kendall and Cooper are ferking shiite"

If someone came up to you with a survey while you were talking with your friend who works in the NHS, you don't answer "Yes I agree to the 1% pay freeze" regardless of how strongly you believe in it. The same way telling your little sister to "Keep trying and practise" is a far better way of saying "Your voice is ****ing vexatious, shut your face"

Manners, man. He clearly knew them and didn't want to put them down. If the answer isn't "yes", it is either a straight no. Anything else is a socially desirable no (a nicer way of saying no)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SotonianOne

"I think all women should be given equal opportunity to stand in a leadership contest as it is not based on gender" is a far better way of saying "I think Kendall and Cooper are ferking shiite"

If someone came up to you with a survey while you were talking with your friend who works in the NHS, you don't answer "Yes I agree to the 1% pay freeze" regardless of how strongly you believe in it. The same way telling your little sister to "Keep trying and practise" is a far better way of saying "Your voice is ****ing vexatious, shut your face"

Manners, man. He clearly knew them and didn't want to put them down. If the answer isn't "yes", it is either a straight no. Anything else is a socially desirable no (a nicer way of saying no)

The op seems to be unhinged. He's been making numerous anti sentic posts earlier in the night.
Original post by MatureStudent36
The op seems to be unhinged. He's been making numerous anti sentic posts earlier in the night.

I think his keyboard warriorism is a product of some extreme social ineptness or hatred of humanity
OP lost me at 'cultural Marxist' which is about as monotonous and unoriginal as you can be.
Original post by SotonianOne

If you worked for me and gave me "diplomatic" answers, I found fire you very damn quickly.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people want a specific question answered rather than political correctness rants. If I wanted to know whether a female / black gas engineer was any good to protect my family from carbon monoxide poisoning, I would want a straight answer not some rant about equal opportunities.

Do you understand? Being SMART and giving SMART answers it's about having some basic brains.

Basic brains are lacking among many so called educated and prominent people because they are so hooked up on this crazy ideology.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Basic-brains
If you worked for me and gave me "diplomatic" answers, I found fire you very damn quickly.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people want a specific question answered rather than political correctness rants. If I wanted to know whether a female / black gas engineer was any good to protect my family from carbon monoxide poisoning, I would want a straight answer not some rant about equal opportunities.

Do you understand? Being SMART and giving SMART answers it's about having some basic brains.

Basic brains are lacking among many so called educated and prominent people because they are so hooked up this crazy ideology.

If you were at a job interview and you were there with four other candiates and were asked why ou should be hired, would you try and promote yourself or slag the others off?
Original post by Davij038
If you were at a job interview and you were there with four other candiates and were asked why ou should be hired, would you try and promote yourself or slag the others off?

Job interviews are not conducted with multiple candidates, well not any that I have been to in 23 years. You don't get to meet the other candidate.

Yes I do agree with your point that negative advertising does not inspire confidence in someone or something.

In this instance the politician who was not in the race was asked a specific question about the strength of certain candidates.

This is a question about commentary rather than selling oneself. Yes sure he is probably reluctant to criticise any candidate, but switching track into feminist equal opportunities lark is just puke.

You can't watch the BBC news without witnessing at least 2 things being put into P.C. Context. The correct response to people who do this is: Get some basic brains.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basic-brains
Job interviews are not conducted with multiple candidates, well not any that I have been to in 23 years. You don't get to meet the other candidate.

Yes I do agree with your point that negative advertising does not inspire confidence in someone or something.

In this instance the politician who was not in the race was asked a specific question about the strength of certain candidates.

This is a question about commentary rather than selling oneself. Yes sure he is probably reluctant to criticise any candidate, but switching track into feminist equal opportunities lark is just puke.

You can't watch the BBC news without witnessing at least 2 things being put into P.C. Context. The correct response to people who do this is: Get some basic brains.
Posted from TSR Mobile

TBH, to me self referencing your username into conversations is a prime example of 'just puke'.

He's also a labour politician: moaning about equality is what they do, just as Ukip has to bring the EU into everything: its what they do!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davij038
TBH, to me self referencing your username into conversations is a prime example of 'just puke'.

He's also a labour politician: moaning about equality is what they do, just as Ukip has to bring the EU into everything: its what they do!

You say that people have their talking point and they bring it into everything.

That's fine, bring it into everything but don't answer a question with something irrelevant.

To answer a question with something irrelevant is a brain bypass. You complain that I bring basic brains into everything. Yes, but as an addendum to providing a material answer to your point. If I were to copy that Labour MP's answer my response to you would have just been about basic brains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply