The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial MSc Pet Eng Prospective Student

Hello Everyone,

So I'm currently a student studying a BS in Engineering Geoscience at an Ivy League university and am considering applying for the Pet Eng Postgrad program. I don't know too much about the British system other than the fact that GRE's are not taken. So my first question is what are the entrance requirements (I've heard GPA counts for a lot)? I'm currently projecting 3.2/3.3 out of 4 GPA at graduation, would that be enough? Secondly, I'm a dual French-US citizen. Would I qualify for reduced tuition if I were to attend?

As an aside: My school has rampant grade deflation, is top tier, and I conduct research on campus in geosciences for which I've already won an international grant for. Would this be taken into account during admission in conjunction with a low GPA?
Reply 1
bump
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Come on, someone has to be able to shed some light on the admittance process in the UK for me at least...
I was accepted to MSc Chem E and a lot of this you could google and find here and here. You should be fine on GPA especially with your research.

For tuition you would have to ask the tuition office.

For the application you will typically have to write a personal statement within a reasonable length requirement and fill out forms. I would recommend taking the GRE, you don't have to send the scores but if they are exceptional they will help the application.
Reply 4
Thank you very much, I appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending