The Student Room Group

He claims to like me but he has had another girl round?

I've been seeing a guy for a few months now. Everything has been going great, we text everyday and call often. We exchange very affectionate text messages and have been saying we really like each other, he says things like how he wish he could cuddle me if I was there with him. He tells me very personal things about his life, and I do in return etc.

Then randomly today, he said 'yay, I've got a girl coming round later, we're going to watch a horror movie together, I don't like them much but what the lady wants, she gets.. and I get to cuddle her too so there are advantages', I questioned him to which he said for me to never doubt how much he loves me, how much he wishes he could cuddle me right now and how he wishes I was her, along with 'you know how much I love you really'. But then why on Earth would he invite another girl round, watch movies with her, say he'll cuddle her, then walk her home?
Did he really say that ? omg I would've gone round there and chopped his willy off, cheeky bastard.

He doesn't like you or love you, he's a complete tosser.

Get rid.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've been seeing a guy for a few months now. Everything has been going great, we text everyday and call often. We exchange very affectionate text messages and have been saying we really like each other, he says things like how he wish he could cuddle me if I was there with him. He tells me very personal things about his life, and I do in return etc.

Then randomly today, he said 'yay, I've got a girl coming round later, we're going to watch a horror movie together, I don't like them much but what the lady wants, she gets.. and I get to cuddle her too so there are advantages', I questioned him to which he said for me to never doubt how much he loves me, how much he wishes he could cuddle me right now and how he wishes I was her, along with 'you know how much I love you really'. But then why on Earth would he invite another girl round, watch movies with her, say he'll cuddle her, then walk her home?

No no no no no. He's playing mind games and trying to make you jealous. He could be lying (which is pretty awful) and if he's not he is a pretty awful human being. You could talk to him about it or do what he's doing a play mind games with him too. Personally I don't even think he's worth talking it. What an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You just got cucked.
Maybe he expects you to know that he wants an open relationship. Some guys can be very open when it comes to relationships. My ex-boyfriend was. I dumped him because I didn't see much of a relationship in him getting with other girls. (We weren't dating that long at least)
Either that or he's cheating on you. I mean calling someone over to watch a movie is fine, but cuddling with them when you're already seeing someone seems a bit dodgy to me. (90% of the time it leads to sex)
He probably doesn't wish it was you he was cuddling, because if he did, he would be with you and not her. I'd get rid before it gets worse.
Reply 5
Original post by Reeeeyah
Did he really say that ? omg I would've gone round there and chopped his willy off, cheeky bastard.

Get rid.

exactly ^^

I would just cut all connections before it becomes constant games back and forth. It will hurt more in the end if you don't do it sooner.
Reply 6
Original post by Reeeeyah

Get rid.

I honestly have no idea. I would never even dream of saying something like that to him because it's downright disrespectful, he was rubbing it in my face and I just sat there thinking 'what? O.o'. It was rather strange because just days before he was telling another friend of his how he was 'proud to show me off' and how he 'wanted to make other people jealous of the relationship that we have' so I'm sat there thinking we have something special, but then he has a date somewhat with another girl whilst having me on the go too.
Reply 7
Original post by Demilb
No no no no no. He's playing mind games and trying to make you jealous. He could be lying (which is pretty awful) and if he's not he is a pretty awful human being. You could talk to him about it or do what he's doing a play mind games with him too. Personally I don't even think he's worth talking it. What an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We half made uo when he wrote me a few paragraphs saying he loved me really, and to not doubt him and things like that. I text him 'are you still with her? I don't want to disturb you or anything' to which he said 'er just walking her home right now' which set me off again as my best friend said it sounds just like a date, I mean he's even offered to walk the girl home now. I have no idea what went on whilst they were together watching their film, he should never have invited her round in the first place if he was as serious about me as he claims to be. I just feel played. I think I was just too naive and trusting in this case.
Reply 8
Maybe he expects you to know that he wants an open relationship. Some guys can be very open when it comes to relationships. My ex-boyfriend was. I dumped him because I didn't see much of a relationship in him getting with other girls. (We weren't dating that long at least)
Either that or he's cheating on you. I mean calling someone over to watch a movie is fine, but cuddling with them when you're already seeing someone seems a bit dodgy to me. (90% of the time it leads to sex)
He probably doesn't wish it was you he was cuddling, because if he did, he would be with you and not her. I'd get rid before it gets worse.

I just can't believe he had the audacity to tell me directly he was having a girl round, and he let her choose a horror movie specifically so they could cuddle.. I mean who does that? Did he think I would react happily or something? It just confused me, and made me feel pretty **** if I'm honest.

My ex would say very similar things.
He's a dick who thinks he's a 'player'.
Cuddling another girl is rarely platonic.
Either establish a relationship that's purely platonic (difficult/near impossible) or move on and stop talking to him.
He's probably not completely retarded so he will be aware of the way he's making you feel? Did you argue or talk about a guy with him? Other than that I can't think of any reason other than the aforementioned.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Crystalz
My ex would say very similar things.
He's a dick who thinks he's a 'player'.
Cuddling another girl is rarely platonic.
Either establish a relationship that's purely platonic (difficult/near impossible) or move on and stop talking to him.
He's probably not completely retarded so he will be aware of the way he's making you feel? Did you argue or talk about a guy with him? Other than that I can't think of any reason other than the aforementioned.

Our conversation before was fine (at least I thought so). He asked me if I was excited for uni (my 2nd year, he doesn't go), I said I was looking forward to going out more, meeting new people, and just having new experiences like going on trips. He has always had major issues when I talk about uni life, always. He has said in the past things like 'I know you'll stop talking to me when you go to uni' or 'you'll be too busy on nights out for me'. It's been a year and I stuck around like I said I would. If he hated when I talk about uni that much, why did he even ask about uni in the first place? *Sigh. Straight after he decided to get at me about some other girl.
Reply 11
Our conversation before was fine (at least I thought so). He asked me if I was excited for uni (my 2nd year, he doesn't go), I said I was looking forward to going out more, meeting new people, and just having new experiences like going on trips. He has always had major issues when I talk about uni life, always. He has said in the past things like 'I know you'll stop talking to me when you go to uni' or 'you'll be too busy on nights out for me'. It's been a year and I stuck around like I said I would. If he hated when I talk about uni that much, why did he even ask about uni in the first place? *Sigh. Straight after he decided to get at me about some other girl.

I'm starting to think this girl doesn't exist he's just insecure

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just can't believe he had the audacity to tell me directly he was having a girl round, and he let her choose a horror movie specifically so they could cuddle.. I mean who does that? Did he think I would react happily or something? It just confused me, and made me feel pretty **** if I'm honest.

Well he's a dick. No question about that. He obviously doesn't care about you, so if I were you I wouldn't even waste my time/feelings caring about him. Best thing to do is to end it right there and move on.
A lot of guys are absolute *****, and so are most girls. Let's just say he's one of them.

He doesn't care for you any more than the next person. Move on, but please do so in an awesome way (get round his house, destroy everything, if you're not up to it: any sort of sauce - spray it everywhere xD)

**** him right off! If he really loved you he wouldn't be doing that. You need to cut that **** off pronto...
I have texted him since the above. This is what happened:

'Did you have a nice time?' - (me)
'Yeah, thanks.'
'Sounds like really cute date :smile:'
'Oh I don't know about 'date'..'
'Hm.. nope sounds like a movie date to me'
'It's not like that, we're just getting to know each other'
I agree with all of you. I do believe he has done wrong in this case, and even IF he didn't like her romantically.. I wouldn't blame her for thinking he wanted to be more than friends. I mean if a new guy had invited me round to his house, alone, to watch movies with me and was joking about cuddling, and then walked me home too.. I'd think they liked me, which is probably what this other girl is thinking now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending