The Student Room Group

mitigating circumstances affecting chances of getting into uni

Basically i was just told recently that if i had mitigating circumstances near exam time then i should let the uni know. A member of my family passed away end of march and my exams started in may - I'm scared now that i might not meet my offer as it affected my revision but do you think it is too late to tell the university now and if i were to tell them who would i email.

Thanks
Original post by zoedhin
Basically i was just told recently that if i had mitigating circumstances near exam time then i should let the uni know. A member of my family passed away end of march and my exams started in may - I'm scared now that i might not meet my offer as it affected my revision but do you think it is too late to tell the university now and if i were to tell them who would i email.

Thanks

I m really sorry for your loss. I m afraid you need to get your referee to speak to the uni. It might be that it helps, but it is pretty late. Did the exam board get notified ? If the exam board already gave you special circumstances then I m afraid the uni won't be able to do much. ( I had a terminally ill grandparent in my A2 year and as the exam board knew they couldn't do any more for me, the uni did offer me an alternative course with lower entry requirements that I did get so there's always hope) .
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending