The Student Room Group

Good suggestions for places to travel to?

Hi!

So about a month until uni begins :smile:. I want to travel somewhere, before studying begins again, preferably alone or with one friend. Do you know any places that have beaches or lakes within Europe and are worth and cheap traveling to? Don't have to be the usual tourist places, some hidden spots would be nice too! :smile:
If you want beaches I d say Majorca but you ll want to stick to the northern bit if you don't want touristy places.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If you want beaches I d say Majorca but you ll want to stick to the northern bit if you don't want touristy places.

Thank you :smile:.
So do you have any suggestions for specific locations to go to? I was in Eastbourne a few years ago, but don't know much about it anymore...
Sardinia's beaches are among the most beautiful in Europe. However, you would need a rental car to find the most hidden ones. I don't know if that's an option for you...
Otherwise, southern Spain (Malaga, Sevilla, Cadiz, Granada, etc). It's easy to get around by public transport such as trains and buses. There's a good mix of culture, architecture, awesome food and beaches there.
Reply 4
Original post by Vindobona
Sardinia's beaches are among the most beautiful in Europe. However, you would need a rental car to find the most hidden ones. I don't know if that's an option for you...
Otherwise, southern Spain (Malaga, Sevilla, Cadiz, Granada, etc). It's easy to get around by public transport such as trains and buses. There's a good mix of culture, architecture, awesome food and beaches there.

No, rental car isn't an option haha.
Okay, southern Spain sounds good. There are also cheap Ryanair flights going there. Thanks :smile:.
Kabak Koyu in Turkey! I spent three weeks working/living there and I arrived back a few weeks ago but it's such a beautiful place to visit and everyone is lovely. I don't know how much it is to live there because I received free accommodation and food in return for looking after a little boy but I know that it's fairly cheap because the locals that visited or travelled from Istanbul always mentioned that they went because of the convenient price and beauty. It's far up in a mountain by the way away from all of the tourist attractions.

Oh and if you're not the nature type BARCELONAAAAA! I loved Barcelona, haha! I stayed in a hostel for £6 a night in the city with a rooftop and it was bliss!
Reply 6
Original post by ArtyWanderer
Kabak Koyu in Turkey! I spent three weeks working/living there and I arrived back a few weeks ago but it's such a beautiful place to visit and everyone is lovely. I don't know how much it is to live there because I received free accommodation and food in return for looking after a little boy but I know that it's fairly cheap because the locals that visited or travelled from Istanbul always mentioned that they went because of the convenient price and beauty. It's far up in a mountain by the way away from all of the tourist attractions.

Oh and if you're not the nature type BARCELONAAAAA! I loved Barcelona, haha! I stayed in a hostel for £6 a night in the city with a rooftop and it was bliss!

Alright thanks mate! Wouldn't feel well being in Turkey and not speaking their language at all thinking of it's not a tourist place though. Barca sounds good! Cheap flights too. But I'll go their later... I think some daytrips with friends would be the best now.

Quick Reply

Latest