The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to switch my Firm & Insurance choice?

Long story short I have a lower grade boundary university as my firm and a higher grade boundary university as my insurance (dumb I know but I wanted to move out)
Would it be possible for me to now switch them around as I no longer would like to go to my firm? Or would I just release from my firm and that would make my insurance my firm? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by iLastKinq
Long story short I have a lower grade boundary university as my firm and a higher grade boundary university as my insurance (dumb I know but I wanted to move out)
Would it be possible for me to now switch them around as I no longer would like to go to my firm? Or would I just release from my firm and that would make my insurance my firm? Thanks

I don't think you can, in UCAS it says that after you have chosen the firm and insurance, you can't change your decicion. Insurance is for if you don't meet the conditions of the firm choise...
But I hope there is someone wiser than me who can tell you for sure what to do.
Original post by iLastKinq

The deadline to do this officially was last week.

If you would prefer to go to your insurance then get in touch with them and ask them if they are willing to honour their offer and if they can work with your firm university to ensure that happens when they receive your results.

Or ask if they'd consider accepting you via adjustment. Then if you meet and exceed your firm offer you can put yourself in adjustment and then contact them to let them know they can fish you out of adjustment.

Quick Reply