The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Guests in uni accommodation

I'll be staying in Keynes as an undergraduate in Kent Uni. My boyfriend who lives in our hometown will visit me 2 times in a year. Is it possible for him to stay with me for 5-7 days without bothering anyone? How does the uni react to this? Would this cause any problems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This Q&A thread has been inactive for about a year, I will try to summon the god of the University of Kent Forum
@Champagne Supernova
(edited 8 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Nennachi
I'll be staying in Keynes as an undergraduate in Kent Uni. My boyfriend who lives in our hometown will visit me 2 times in a year. Is it possible for him to stay with me for 5-7 days without bothering anyone? How does the uni react to this? Would this cause any problems?

Hiya! So firstly, the university is fine about visitors, their guidelines state that people shouldn't stay longer than ~three days or try to come on weekends or this or that. But they are guidelines and they're not suddenly going to check up on you if you someone stays for too long. If they do trash the place or anything else untoward though, all responsibility falls on you.

If someone is staying for a week though, it's always a nice courtesy to give your flat/housemates plenty of notice. Most people are understanding especially when a partner visits but it's just good to let people know there'll be an extra person floating about. Keeping it all fine with housemates will mean they won't get pissed off and potentially report it to reception staff, which could just end up being hassle.

Original post by Penguinfarts
This Q&A thread has been inactive for about a year, I will try to summon the god of the University of Kent Forum
@Champagne Supernova

Nice spot, cheers.
Reply 3
Thank you so so much the both of you!
This takes a load off of my shoulders :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending