The Student Room Group

Im in a very awkward situation

Hey guys,

Whilst completing my ucas application, I left out my first name. I didn't think much of it at the time as Ive never used it. I've always been called by my middle name, and used it for forms etc.

The problem is I'm currently going into my third year of university, with this error not being ammended. I've taken all my exams whilst signing with this name. I'm pretty scared as to what will happen, so what do I do?
Oh lord this is funny, Im sorry..

i dont think you wil get in trouble, but you will have to tell your uni to change their records on you with your full name because if you dont then your full name wont appear on your degree certificate.
:lol: You should email/call and inform them of the situation... ASAP.

I have a similar problem because none my university supervisors call me by my full name so I hope they remember what it is for my degree certificates etc :tongue:
:lol:

Go along and speak to your student records team / student services centre / whatever they call it at your uni. They should be able to amend it for you, though you may need to provide proof of your "new" name (e.g. a passport)
Reply 4
Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it!

Let's just hope student services find it funny too, and decide not too kick me out😂
Original post by Ace123_
Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it!

Let's just hope student services find it funny too, and decide not too kick me out😂

They're not going to kick you out unless it turns out you lied over your A Level / GCSE grades or something :nah:

Quick Reply