The Student Room Group
Loooool
Original post by LD1000
I wanna do this so that person feels really bad for what they've done

Just ignore them?
True say
How do you want them - dead or unconscious?
Alive loool
Send them this link:
https://youtu.be/g4mHPeMGTJM
Reply 7
Be silent
Reply 8
Ignore them. If they talk to you look at them when they speak, then when they are finished look/walk away.
Block, delete and avoid.

If you have to see them in person, then just shun them completely and give them the cold shoulder. Don't look at them or make eye contact. Don't run away from them, don't smile, laugh, or respond to them in any way. Don't do anything to acknowledge their existence.
Reply 10
Original post by Thickfreakness
Block, delete and avoid.

If you have to see them in person, then just shun them completely and give them the cold shoulder. Don't look at them or make eye contact. Don't run away from them, don't smile, laugh, or respond to them in any way. Don't do anything to acknowledge their existence.

Original post by iAmanze
Ignore them. If they talk to you look at them when they speak, then when they are finished look/walk away.

Original post by Florality
Just ignore them?
I am the master of this simply because so many people have done it to me. Don't completely ignore them or they can then paint you as a whining crybaby. The trick is to reply to everything they say but with short empty replies that are preferably very slow and never initiate contact. That way if they say you're ignoring them you can show that you did reply to them and them make up bull**** that you're busy and paint them as a whining crybaby. And yeah that's the story of my life.
Original post by Plutonian
I am the master of this simply because so many people have done it to me. Don't completely ignore them or they can then paint you as a whining crybaby. The trick is to reply to everything they say but with short empty replies that are preferably very slow and never initiate contact. That way if they say you're ignoring them you can show that you did reply to them and them make up bull**** that you're busy and paint them as a whining crybaby. And yeah that's the story of my life.

No...this isn't considered silent treatment because you're actually acknowledging their existence and validating their presence. You should ignore them completely, don't even look at them.

But your approach is also very good, it just isn't really silent treatment. Still, I do like it a lot.
Original post by Thickfreakness
Block, delete and avoid.

But still...that seems too cruel.

There are other ways to deal with such situations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
But still...that seems too cruel.

There are other ways to deal with such situations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes, it's necessary. I like to see it as the path of least resistance and as a last resort. With this approach, there will be no insults thrown around, no confrontations, no arguments, no heated exchanges...simply silence. I'd only recommend this approach for extreme situations, you shouldn't do it indiscriminately, only when the situation calls for it.
Carry a crisp around with you and when they come to talk to you, take it out your pocket , crush it and let its dust blow into the wind as their sentence trails off into silence.....then put sun glasses on and walk away.

Latest

Trending

Trending