The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

How leniant are NTU on Chemistry?

Basically, my offer is 300 ucas points with a C in chemistry and I know I will reach 300 ucas points but I am not confident I will get my C in chemsitry. So, I am just wondering how likely they will offer me a place or how leniant NTU is?
Isn't 300 points BBB ?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by jasonfynn
Basically, my offer is 300 ucas points with a C in chemistry and I know I will reach 300 ucas points but I am not confident I will get my C in chemsitry. So, I am just wondering how likely they will offer me a place or how leniant NTU is?

If it's the same course I applied for last year then it asks for 240 points including a C in Chemistry. I got a B so it was my backup but I got into my first choice. Unfortunately I can't help you leiniency-wise.
Reply 3
Original post by goobypls
Isn't 300 points BBB ?

Well, i done 90 credit BTEC Ict and I got D*D* which gave me 210 points i think
Well, i done 90 credit BTEC Ict and I got D*D* which gave me 210 points i think

So you need at least 90 points from Chemistry?
B = 100 so 310 points
C = 80 so 290 points - this isn't 300 though :s-smilie:
D = 60 so 270 points - is this what you think youll get?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by cherryred90s
So you need at least 90 points from Chemistry?
B = 100 so 310 points
C = 80 so 290 points - this isn't 300 though :s-smilie:
D = 60 so 270 points - is this what you think youll get?

Yeah i think i may get a D but sorry i also did economics which i think i got a C which pushes me above 300 points
Yeah i think i may get a D but sorry i also did economics which i think i got a C which pushes me above 300 points

Oh right, you should be okay then

Hi Jason

If getting a C in chemistry is a condition of your offer, it may be that NTU would be unable to offer you a place if you miss the mark.

However, it's not all doom and gloom - if you only just miss the grades, the Admissions team may be lenient as each application is double checked and reassessed once the results come in.

If you don't quite make the grade and you aren't offered your place, you can always call our Clearing hotline (0115 848 4200) and we'd be happy to have a chat and help you out.

Fingers crossed for results day!

Thanks
Erica
Reply 8
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Jason

If getting a C in chemistry is a condition of your offer, it may be that NTU would be unable to offer you a place if you miss the mark.

However, it's not all doom and gloom - if you only just miss the grades, the Admissions team may be lenient as each application is double checked and reassessed once the results come in.

If you don't quite make the grade and you aren't offered your place, you can always call our Clearing hotline (0115 848 4200) and we'd be happy to have a chat and help you out.

Fingers crossed for results day!

Thanks
Erica

Thank you for the help! I appreciate it!

Also, as there is complaints about the OCR Chemistry papers, will the admissions team take it into consideration?

Also, if I do not recieve my place in chemistry does that mean I lose my accomodation and have to find a new one?
Thank you for the help! I appreciate it!

Also, as there is complaints about the OCR Chemistry papers, will the admissions team take it into consideration?

Also, if I do not recieve my place in chemistry does that mean I lose my accomodation and have to find a new one?

Morning

If any issues with the paper are recognised by the OCR, it's likely that OCR themselves will readjust the grade boundaries before issuing results, rather than leaving this up to the universities to decide. Our Admissions team simply receive the outcome of the marks that you're given by the exam boards and use this to make their decision. Unfortunately if you wanted to appeal your results, you would have to do this directly with OCR.

In terms of your accommodation, if you don't get the results you need to secure your place, you'll get a full refund of your booking fee and your accommodation will be cancelled. This leaves you free to enter the Clearing process and take up a place at any university - so although it's a bit of a pain, it's really to help you! If you then secure a place at NTU through Clearing, you'll need to reapply for accommodation. Instructions on how to reapply for accommodation will go live on our website on A Level results day, but it's important to say that every undergraduate who applies for accommodation during Clearing is guaranteed University-allocated accommodation, so it's nothing to worry about!

Thanks
Erica
Reply 10
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Morning

If any issues with the paper are recognised by the OCR, it's likely that OCR themselves will readjust the grade boundaries before issuing results, rather than leaving this up to the universities to decide. Our Admissions team simply receive the outcome of the marks that you're given by the exam boards and use this to make their decision. Unfortunately if you wanted to appeal your results, you would have to do this directly with OCR.

In terms of your accommodation, if you don't get the results you need to secure your place, you'll get a full refund of your booking fee and your accommodation will be cancelled. This leaves you free to enter the Clearing process and take up a place at any university - so although it's a bit of a pain, it's really to help you! If you then secure a place at NTU through Clearing, you'll need to reapply for accommodation. Instructions on how to reapply for accommodation will go live on our website on A Level results day, but it's important to say that every undergraduate who applies for accommodation during Clearing is guaranteed University-allocated accommodation, so it's nothing to worry about!

Thanks
Erica

Thanks for the help Erica just one more question. As you said NTU have your marks as well, do you think they would allow you to be a couple marks off?
Thanks for the help Erica just one more question. As you said NTU have your marks as well, do you think they would allow you to be a couple marks off?

This is at the discretion of the Admissions team so I wouldn't be able to advise I'm afraid! I can reassure you that our Admissions team do a full reassessment of all offers once they receive your results, so the process is as fair as possible.

As I said, if you check UCAS Track on results day and you haven't been accepted, get on the phone to our Clearing team and we'll do our very best to find a place for you at NTU based on the results you get and your interests.

Good luck for results day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending