The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

flt
OFC it is. :smile: Other universities usually give you the tours and presentations in the beginning and then had the interviews afterwards. Anyway I had my interivew in the morning with Dr Arwyn Jones, it was much more friendly than I expected it to be. After the interview I went back to my dads car and went to sleep for about 3 hours! :biggrin: I really liked the department though, although the setup of the day was a bit daft :p: By the way what year you in Emmz and what'd you think of the uni (be honest :smile:)?

flt

I think the way it's supposed to work is that those who live furthest away have later interviews and those who live nearer have the earlier interviews to give people ample time to get there and then so everyone's there for the tours and talks. Something like that anyways.

I'm in the fourth year. To be fair I haven't really got anything to complain about. Obviously I haven't studied anywhere so I have nothing to compare it to but on the whole things are taught well, the majority of the lecturers are really nice and approachable. Apparently Cardiff students are regarded as having a high standard of clinical knowledge and in the league tables (depending how highly you hold them) we're always in the mix near the top. The students association is fantastic and always really active. I certainly don't regret choosing to come here and if I had all the same offers again I'd still pick Cardiff.

The university and the city on the whole are fantastic. I don't like to think I'm graduating in July ... certainly wouldn't be surprised if I ended up back in Cardiff after I qualify.
Reply 21
I've got my Bath interview this Thursday, am getting nervous now! Got my Cardiff interview on March 7th, which is quite late! I sent my UCAS appliaction off quite late though.

Just asking, what kind of questions did people get in their interviews?
I applied last year, but didn't get into my first choice (Cardiff) because I didn't get the required grades. My offer was for BBB but got ACC. I'm re-sitting Biology and Chemistry this year, so fingers crossssssed!!? :p:

I have some kind of idea about the interviews because of last year, which is good. My Cardiff interview last year went really well I thought, was pleased with it, so I'm hoping this time round will be similar.

Another question, what do the Unis think about people re-sitting? Do they think badly of it because you didn't get the grades the first time, or would they think its a good thing because it shows your determined? Hm..

(Sorry, I've been rambling..)
Hey im gettin my intrview on the 7th of march (which isthe last slot cuz they told me) and i found admissions quite rude cuz i asked if they could take in2 account my flight times which i gave them and had already booked (between 10 am - 3pm) which i thought was reasonable when they wer giving out interview times on the day but they said that no "special circumstances" could be accounted 4 and i said im flyin from N.Ireland these are the earliest arrival and latest times i can get what do u want me 2 do and the guy said well if u cant make it thats ur problem ( or words to tht effect) which reli put me off1
Reply 23
what time is ur interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending