The Student Room Group

English Literature A-LEVEL (new) AQA A love through the ages discussion/help

Hi,
I'm starting English Lit A-level next year under the new ALEVELS starting in 2015. I am doing AQA A love through the ages and I know so far that I am reading Birdsong and The Great Gatsby :smile:
I thought that people could join the discussion and help eachother out with resources etc..

PLEASE HELP :biggrin:
Original post by adler97
Hi,
I'm starting English Lit A-level next year under the new ALEVELS starting in 2015. I am doing AQA A love through the ages and I know so far that I am reading Birdsong and The Great Gatsby :smile:
I thought that people could join the discussion and help eachother out with resources etc..

PLEASE HELP :biggrin:

This is actually a different format to the old AQA LTTA!

But seeing as it's new, you probably need or should ask a moderator to help you to move this to the English section as you'll get a lot more during the course of the upcoming academic year!

I've read both... Birdsong's an OK-ish novel. Far too long. I recently reread TGG and tbh, still don't get how it's a timeless classic. It's rather slow and I find it hard to keep track of it! My mind wonders every time I read it! But I dooo absolutely adore Fitzgerald's other novels like Tender is the Night and Damned and Beautiful!

Quick Reply

Latest