The Student Room Group

Best friend or boyfriend?

This poll is closed

So who should i take??

Best friend 47%
Boyfriend53%
Total votes: 15
Hi guys, so i am turing 18 in November and i want to go to London for the weekend to celebrate. My mom keeps asking who i want to take, originally i was going to take around 5 of my friends including my boyfriend and best friend however when we priced it up it would cost a lot. Therefore I'm now allowed to take 1 person with me so basically my issue is i don't know wether i should take my best friend or boyfriend as i want them both to be there and I'm really stuck.

please help thanks xx
If your boyfriend isn't your best friend then by the definition of best friend take your best friend :wink:
Boyfriend
why dont you take both and kick someone else out?
Original post by scriberg
why dont you take both and kick someone else out?

This

But I think best friend personally, but it's up to you obviously.
The best friends without a doubt! they are not called for nothing the best ones. If you want, celebrate your 18th birthday with your boyfriends later, even if this celebration is not so enormous like the one at the weekend.
Reply 7
Original post by TorpidPhil
If your boyfriend isn't your best friend then by the definition of best friend take your best friend :wink:

well thats part of the issue they are both my best friends hence why i am so stuck.
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
The best friends without a doubt! they are not called for nothing the best ones. If you want, celebrate your 18th birthday with your boyfriends later, even if this celebration is not so enormous like the one at the weekend.

Thats a good idea but do you have any suggestions. I am already going for a meal with my family so i won't want to do that again.
Original post by ligg
Thats a good idea but do you have any suggestions. I am already going for a meal with my family so i won't want to do that again.

I see. What about a nice evening anywhere in London? instead of going out for a meal, what about a disco to name an example?
Reply 10
Take your best friend. Promise your boyfriend a consolatatory bonk later. Should be ok.
Best friend definitely. At our age, boyfriends are (likely to be) temporary whereas best friends are for life, so if it's a choice between the two (although ideally it wouldn't be) I'd say go best friend :smile:
Depends how close you are to your boyfriend, personally with my life experience I would take my best mate.

Just make sure you do something with your boyfriend that is pretty special (even though it is your birthday), because for all reasoning you are fobbing him off and he is perfectly entitled to be upset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending