The Student Room Group

Starting art gcse??

I'm starting art gcse in september and we got told we have to buy the portfolio book over the summer. The thing is, we never got told how heavy the paper needs to be, size or anything. Anyone got any recommendations or anything coz im not in the mood for bein screamed at in the first lesson:boring: thanks :blush:
Hey, I just completed my GCSE Art course (just finished year 11, and waiting for my results- fingers crossed I get a good grade)!
Anyway, my whole class did Edexcel Art, and our portfolio, wich was provided to us by the school was A3 size. It's a good size because your portfolio doesn't just have paint work in it, it also needs lots of space for annotations; collected images, and space for when you experiment with different textures. I would get a cartridge paper portfolio because that's the best quality paper for drawing/painting on. Hope this helps :smile: x
Reply 2
Original post by EgelEyelid
Hey, I just completed my GCSE Art course (just finished year 11, and waiting for my results- fingers crossed I get a good grade)!
Anyway, my whole class did Edexcel Art, and our portfolio, wich was provided to us by the school was A3 size. It's a good size because your portfolio doesn't just have paint work in it, it also needs lots of space for annotations; collected images, and space for when you experiment with different textures. I would get a cartridge paper portfolio because that's the best quality paper for drawing/painting on. Hope this helps :smile: x

Thank you so much :tongue: :smile: x
Original post by moll2015
Thank you so much :tongue: :smile: x

IT's fine. I am happy to help- I myself hate worrying, so to comfort other people makes me feel better :smile: If you ever need any tips or ideas for art, feel free to message me :tongue: x
IT's fine. I am happy to help- I myself hate worrying, so to comfort other people makes me feel better :smile: If you ever need any tips or ideas for art, feel free to message me :tongue: x

Sames.. I just finished 2years of my art gcse..I'm from Northern Ireland so year 11 and year 12 here is from 15 to 16 years old
Hoping for a good grade... A pass is all I really need as I decided I didn't wanna carry it on for a level as I found out I love science much much more

Good luck... I would be the same as you...worrying about it before it even happens 😅

Post me or chat me if you need ANY help regarding your GCSEs... Add me if u want 😝

Megan_Daisy

💛🌼

Also just finished Edexcel art, and this is spot on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest