The Student Room Group

Got a temp job, but offered an interview for a low hour part time perm job...

Hey,
I'm currently doing housekeeping and earning about £250 a week at the minute, but this is a temporary fixture until the end of August and perhaps two weeks into September should I chose to carry on. This will give me a huge sum of money while I look for a more permanent, full time job. I just left uni. (I'm doing these jobs so i can finish my driving lessons (last driving instructor ripped me off big time) so that I can get to the jobs I have done my degree to do.

Problem is, a job i applied for months ago has gotten back to me and says that they want me for an interview next week, but that will only be 4 hours a week and will cost me to get to. I can't get to the interview but is there any point in asking them if they will see me in a month? I really want a full time job instead but when I get back home after doing this job I will not have a job (I've been checking for internships at my local University and I'm hoping they have something soon that I can do). 4 hours a week on £6.50 is not much.

What would you do in my shoes? Take the permanent job and quit the temp job (which is gonna get me a lot of money in a short space of time) and earn naff all and end up looking for a full time job anyway or shall I stick with the housekeeping, save up a lot of money, sort out driving and then apply for graduate jobs?
Do the Temp job for as long as you can, whilst applying for full time jobs.

4 hours a week is really pointless.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest