The Student Room Group

US Colleges International Students (Fall 2016), The Official Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiera28
I am from the UK interested in applying to study Psychology (and Theatre) at the University of Miami- on their website in the 'international applicants' section it says: 'The SAT/ACT report is not required and should not be submitted for admission consideration from applicants who are attending schools outside the United States.'

Does this mean I should apply without taking the SATs and just send off my Application with my GCSE and A Level results? I will have them by the point of application as I will be applying at he beginning of my gap year (after I receive my A Level results.)

So am I in the clear not to take SATs? Even though I haven't taken Maths since GCSE?

If that's what it states on the website, then yes you'll be fine without it.
Where are you applying?
Applied to Rice University, UT Austin, Princeton, Cornell, UCLA - admitted to all and accepted admission to UT Austin!

What standardised tests are you sitting? I sat SAT, SAT Math II & SAT Chem

Will you be applying for Financial Aid? No

Are you applying through the Common App, Universal App or Other?
Used Common App & ApplyTexas

What's your prospective major?
Chemical Engineering

Additional Comments: Interested to see if anybody else is interested in/starting at UT Austin in Fall 2016.
Have you two applied to any other schools?

To be honest, all of the schools applied to are reaches with these scores; Fordham being a match, but not a safety

Original post by chershen

Where are you applying? Stanford, Yale, UPenn, Cornell, Dartmouth, Fordham, UCLA, UC Berkeley

What standardised tests are you sitting? SAT I (CR 650 M 730 W 620)

Will you be applying for Financial Aid? Only for Dartmouth and Fordham

Are you applying through the Common App, Universal App or Other? Common App

What's your prospective major? Biochemistry and System Science Engineering

Additional Comments: My first choice would be either UPenn or Stanford. I really want UPenn so bad...

Original post by Aeneas11

Where are you applying? Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Amherst

What standardised tests are you sitting? SAT (1940) Spanish w/ Listening (730), English Lit (750)

Will you be applying for Financial Aid? Yes

Are you applying through the Common App, Universal App or Other? CommonApp

What's your prospective major? Classics/Psychology

No campus; buildings are spread throughout Greenwich Village, which is a very beautiful area

NYU is SAT-optional. But I heard it doesn't have a campus. :K:
Original post by CrimsonDucati
Have you two applied to any other schools?

To be honest, all of the schools applied to are reaches with these scores; Fordham being a match, but not a safety

Yeah, you're right. And I got all the rejections now :frown:
Luckily I got my offers from UCL and Imperial.

I got offer from Fordham too, but it's still too expensive compared to UK unis like UCL. So I don't think it's worth the price, since UCL is much more reputable (and have more resources?). What do you think?
I also got offer from UC Riverside too. Now I don't know how to choose.:redface:

I got offer from Fordham too, but it's still too expensive compared to UK unis like UCL. So I don't think it's worth the price, since UCL is much more reputable (and have more resources?). What do you think?
I also got offer from UC Riverside too. Now I don't know how to choose.:redface:

I have only heard bad things about UCR - I think you're much better off going to UCL
Don't be too down... UCL and Imperial are very good

Fordham is actually a good school; well respected

But I would definitely go to Imperial or UCL if I were you. UC Riverside would not be in the discussion.

All of the other schools that gave you offers are far more prestigious

Original post by Student403
I have only heard bad things about UCR - I think you're much better off going to UCL

Bad things like what?

Yeah, I think most probably I'll be going to UCL.
How about you? Where are you going?

Original post by CrimsonDucati
Don't be too down... UCL and Imperial are very good

Fordham is actually a good school; well respected

But I would definitely go to Imperial or UCL if I were you. UC Riverside would not be in the discussion.

All of the other schools that gave you offers are far more prestigious

Thanks, I feel so much better now:tongue:
How good is Fordham tho? Is it well known in the US?
Bad things like what?

From what I've heard, it's just not a very nice environment academically and although the location's decent, there's not much else good to be said. Good luck at UCL! I'll be going to upstate NY
Fordham is known in the north east. It's a Jesuit university, so it has a decent reputation. It's not an elite school, and suffers in rankings due to it not being a scientific powerhouse.

Bad things like what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending