The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100 2016

I haven't seen a thread yet so... anyone out there applying to the Newcastle medicine course this autumn?

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/index.htm
Original post by monstergirl
I haven't seen a thread yet so... anyone out there applying to the Newcastle medicine course this autumn?

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/index.htm

Could you please help to open one for Durham Medicine Course A100 (2016 entry)?
Reply 2
Original post by Timewilltellu
Could you please help to open one for Durham Medicine Course A100 (2016 entry)?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3476859&p=58071365#post58071365

:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Timewilltellu
Thanks!

No problem :smile: Are you currently preparing to apply to medical school?
I'm looking at applying to Newcastle! Mainly because they don't look at GCSE's if your predicted AAA :')
Reply 6
Original post by ATLHustler
I'm looking at applying to Newcastle! Mainly because they don't look at GCSE's if your predicted AAA :':wink:

I love this medical school but it seems VERY competitive, even relative to other medical schools.
I love this medical school but it seems VERY competitive, even relative to other medical schools.

I think the clinical placements, and the nightlife makes a massive part of why people want to go there.
Reply 8
I think the clinical placements, and the nightlife makes a massive part of why people want to go there.

I love the early exposure to clinical environments. I would find it hard to apply my medical knowledge after three years of mainly lecture centred learning, so this course structure suits me. Where else are you thinking of applying to?
I love the early exposure to clinical environments. I would find it hard to apply my medical knowledge after three years of mainly lecture centred learning, so this course structure suits me. Where else are you thinking of applying to?

I'm thinking of Liverpool because although the PBL doesn't suit me, I think I read somewhere that they allow a drop in prediction for one subject c: Also thinking Birmingham
I'm thinking of Liverpool because although the PBL doesn't suit me, I think I read somewhere that they allow a drop in prediction for one subject c: Also thinking Birmingham

Liverpool are moving away from PBL, hun ;]
If you're worried about GCSE's, why pick Birmingham of all places!?
Reply 11
I was wondering if UKCAT SCore of 730 Band 2 will be competetive enough to get an interview this year/

Many thanks for your advice
Original post by nomita
I was wondering if UKCAT SCore of 730 Band 2 will be competetive enough to get an interview this year/

Many thanks for your advice

Definitely!
630 UKCAT average
Three A*s Three As and Two Bs at GCSE
All A predictions for A2

Any advice on whether i should apply
Also how do they use the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending