The Student Room Group

singing hymns in church

This is a bit of a weird question i attend every weekend my local church it is a very small village church., of the small congregation there is a woman late thirties that is singing the hymns in a operatic voice not really loud, but i have noticed there she is getting lots of strange looks from other members of the small congregation. Does anyone think its weird based on the weird looks this woman sings hymns in a operatic tone and does it matter how you sing because we all are different at the end of the day? could she be classically trained or just have a very gifted voice, because it is such a rich harsh operatic tone?
am i having deja vu or has this been asked before :lolwut:
oh wait i found the missing puzzle piece
Original post by katrina leeder
This is a bit of a weird question i am a 29 year old woman and i attend every weeknmy local church it is a very small village church. I always sing the hymns in a operatic voice not really loud, but i have noticed i get a lot of strange looks from other members of the small congregation. Does anyone think i should sing non operatic tone and does it matter how you sing because we all are different at the end of the day?
I don't think it matters, at the end of the day you're singing hymns for the sake of appreciating God, not criticising other people's voices
Original post by scriberg
oh wait i found the missing puzzle piece

good work
Original post by + polarity -
good work

scriberg- solving stuff like scooby doo :awesome:
Reply 6
Listening to me sing would be punishment enough.

But giving her weird looks is rather harsh tho

Quick Reply