The Student Room Group

Good cities for young professionals to move to

Scroll to see replies

I have plans in place to move to Edinbirgh in 2016. Bit worried that someone is wanting to move out of it. OP, why do you want to leave?
Ermm...london
Leeds is good.
Reply 23
Original post by Keyhofi
I have plans in place to move to Edinbirgh in 2016. Bit worried that someone is wanting to move out of it. OP, why do you want to leave?

Go anytime next month and see.

Especially the weekend of the 15th...
Original post by Quady
Go anytime next month and see.

Especially the weekend of the 15th...

Haha, but outside that time surely it is good? It is cheaper than where I went to uni, it's more friendly that where I grew up, and it has affordable houses... or at least more affordable than down south.

Plus it's in Scotland so if I start a family up there my kids won't have to pay ridiculously high tuition fees.
Reply 25
Original post by Keyhofi
Haha, but outside that time surely it is good? It is cheaper than where I went to uni, it's more friendly that where I grew up, and it has affordable houses... or at least more affordable than down south.

Plus it's in Scotland so if I start a family up there my kids won't have to pay ridiculously high tuition fees.

Yup, comparatively better for sure.

Its still touristy all year round, bag pipes get wearing after a while! Compared to Glasgow its got fewer places to go out and is more expensive (especially housing).

Its a nice place, v pretty, just saying its hardly crazy someone would want to move somewhere else.
Original post by TeeEm
I am shocked because you are in Edingurgh.

Apparently this is the best city in the UK! (according to many surveys)

Edinburgh is amazing but I know too many people here. I need a new start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending