The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yasinp97
Mine is on the 23rd March Aswel. See you there

Ahhh fab! See you there!☺️
Original post by TheOne12341
Thanks , that really helped . i'm glad that its relaxed. Have they replied back?

Glad to help :smile: and I got an unconditional offer! :biggrin: (I did my alevels last year)
Original post by TheDesertStudies
I just had an interview at Leeds today (I applied mid November) and they said that they normally get 600-700 applicants but this year they've received 900+ and that they're still short listing candidates, which they said was unheard of since they normally finish doing so the week after the UCAS deadline.They said that interviews go on until the beginning of April and that they've received so many applicants that they may need to add some more dates/times before then.Anyways, don't worry just wait a little longer and I'm sure you'll hear something back eventually. :smile:

Aw thank you! Hope it went well today!! :smile: x
Original post by faticecream
Rejected from Sheffield Hallam which was pretty unexpected but I'm okay with it since it wasn't particularly a favourite of mine. Just got me a bit worried since I assume Leeds or Liverpool will be harsher :frown: I don't think I did badly and I keep thinking about my little mistakes but just waiting for feedback for my next at Liverpool on the 24th Feb.
Just a bit demoralising is all I guess. Anyone got any advice or anything ?

I also got rejected by Sheffield Hallam, I was told that it was due to me not knowing enough about the NHS. :/
I believe that Leeds and Liverpool are still going through their applicants.
Ask your college/sixth form if you can do some mock interviews, might help iron out little mistakes.
Original post by Lostox
I also got rejected by Sheffield Hallam, I was told that it was due to me not knowing enough about the NHS. :/
I believe that Leeds and Liverpool are still going through their applicants.
Ask your college/sixth form if you can do some mock interviews, might help iron out little mistakes.

I got rejected too:frown: what in particular did we have to know about the NHS? What other questions were you asked
Original post by Shakito
How long did people get offers/rejections after their BCU interview? I had mine last Wednesday and am wondering when I will hear back.

Hi i had my interview at bcu on the 27th and got an offer on 2nd feb 5 days later. i was shocked because i was sure i messed up the written bit. good luck.
Reply 1106
Hi, i have a interview for bcu coming up, what is the wriiten assessment about?
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone had an interview with st george's?
Reply 1108
I have an interview at Liverpool, can anyone tell me what the staff/student lunch is all about? Is there a group interview or group task? thanks
Original post by iioii
I have an interview at Liverpool, can anyone tell me what the staff/student lunch is all about? Is there a group interview or group task? thanks

The lunch isn't anything formal, there's just a few sandwiches placed around and opportunity to talk to people there. Everyone is just kind of stood around, it isn't like a sit down formal event. There's no group tasks or written assessments either only the 10 minute interview is assessed; the rest of the day is basically learning more about studying at Liverpool and what the course is like. It's nice because it's more informal and the interview is more like a conversation.
hope that helps, good luck at your interview :smile: x
Anyone got an offer from Hertfordshire? Has anyone heard from Canterbury Christ Church yet about interviews? :smile:
Reply 1111
ooo thanks that does help put my mind at ease! I seems simpler than the day at Sheffield. thanks x
Original post by Adie_Bradford
I've just completed my first year of radiography at Bradford, starting year 2 in September. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me, I'll give you a bit of an idea what to expect:
43 people in my cohort so not massive class sizes. Bradford itself is an absolute dump. Faculty of Health building is extremely modern and up to date, the facilities are very impressive and it was this that made me come here. Tuition is very classroom based, most of what you need to know for exams is taught to you, you're not expected to go away and research it all for yourself. If you take notes in class and follow instructions you'll be fine.
You do blocks of 4 or 5 weeks alternatively in the uni and on placement. This where you really learn about how to do the job, expect to spend 8 hours a day on your feet because this is how it works once you are qualified!
Overall I've had a fantastic year and really enjoyed myself, I would recommend Bradford uni to anyone, though if you're coming to uni for the night life more than the course then you may want to try looking at Leeds or Sheffield.
I spent my first year living at Laisteridge Lane with www.universalstudentliving.com I paid £55 a week for a cosy little room with a double bed and shared bathroom. Highly recommended, the uni owned digs are outrageously overpriced.

Original post by Adie_Bradford
I've just completed my first year of radiography at Bradford, starting year 2 in September. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them here or PM me, I'll give you a bit of an idea what to expect:
43 people in my cohort so not massive class sizes. Bradford itself is an absolute dump. Faculty of Health building is extremely modern and up to date, the facilities are very impressive and it was this that made me come here. Tuition is very classroom based, most of what you need to know for exams is taught to you, you're not expected to go away and research it all for yourself. If you take notes in class and follow instructions you'll be fine.
You do blocks of 4 or 5 weeks alternatively in the uni and on placement. This where you really learn about how to do the job, expect to spend 8 hours a day on your feet because this is how it works once you are qualified!
Overall I've had a fantastic year and really enjoyed myself, I would recommend Bradford uni to anyone, though if you're coming to uni for the night life more than the course then you may want to try looking at Leeds or Sheffield.
I spent my first year living at Laisteridge Lane with www.universalstudentliving.com I paid £55 a week for a cosy little room with a double bed and shared bathroom. Highly recommended, the uni owned digs are outrageously overpriced.

Hi! How many days a week are you in uni? Also how did you find placement, what where the hours like? E.g did you do night shifts or anything like that?? :-)
Got rejected by Salford Uni and the reason they gave was thats there is Insufficient discussion of role of radiographer in personal statement. 😔
Original post by Nutellaaa_
Glad to help :smile: and I got an unconditional offer! :biggrin: (I did my alevels last year)

wow thats amazing , what did you get in your A levels? if you dont mind me asking
Original post by TheOne12341
wow thats amazing , what did you get in your A levels? if you dont mind me asking

Thank you! :biggrin: I don't mind you asking I got A*, A, A and did biology, geology and health and social care :smile: x
thats amazing well done , what exam board did you do in biology?

Original post by Nutellaaa_
Thank you! :biggrin: I don't mind you asking I got A*, A, A and did biology, geology and health and social care :smile: x
Original post by Yasinp97
Got rejected by Salford Uni and the reason they gave was thats there is Insufficient discussion of role of radiographer in personal statement. 😔

I got the same reason & they rejected me because I didn't have a good enough reason to why I want to study at that university the weird thing is they didn't even ask why I want to study at Salford
Anyone else have an interview at Bradford next week?
Anyone had an comprehension-english test? What was it like?

Quick Reply

Latest