The Student Room Group

Who Was Wrong Here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Bruh. You were definitely in the wrong.But i would understand why you were angry.Why he no take chip one by one than bear grab them like a butthole tbh i'm a kinda germaphobe :tongue:
Reply 81
You needn't have thrown chips at him that was a bit out of order.
Original post by Musie Suzie
You were in the wrong. When you both said "Yes" at the same time you shouldn't have pulled the plate towards you - you should have politely shared out the chips. He grabbed them in retaliation.

cool. so he couldn't take the heat. not my problem. thanks for your post.

Original post by rockrunride
No it's not, you're right, my example was a lot worse.

alrighty.

Original post by Optimum_
Dude, you overreacted big time.

First of all you didn't pay for the chips, another friend gave them to you. So how can you expect the friend you're angry at to buy you chips? If you paid for them, yes, your mate probably should be getting you some chips.

Second, throwing chips at him?
How old are you?

You need to call your friend and apologise. Having a go in front of all your other mates, who's reactions you should have known meant you took it too far.

I'm 23 :smile: And antics is a common nature among my closest group. He's known me 8 yrs, and when I was a teenager when we met, I was far madder. He's lucky all I did was toss chips, and he knows that. Now if he got mad at me chucking fast food, I'm not in the wrong. Why is he touching my food. I don't care who paid for the bloody chips. It's in my plate now, along with the food I DID pay for. Did you read? He throws ketchupy chips on all my food, man, as people say in retaliation. He coulda said, "oi pass me some chips, man :curious:" and I would've.

Everyone note I got mad when he dumped the nasty ketchup on my plate AFTER he sucked his hands clean.
NOT when he helped himself to the chips. :colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Original post by LeyK
Bruh. You were definitely in the wrong.But i would understand why you were angry.Why he no take chip one by one than bear grab them like a butthole tbh i'm a kinda germaphobe :tongue:

how am I in the wrong when you're a germaphobe? I'm mad at the ketchupy, spitty chips in my plate on all my other food, NOT that he took some dry chips out for himself.

Original post by N-R-G
You needn't have thrown chips at him that was a bit out of order.

so suggest another way to show I'm rightfully angry then...:colonhash:
Reply 84
Original post by Man.bear.pig
how am I in the wrong when you're a germaphobe? I'm mad at the ketchupy, spitty chips in my plate on all my other food, NOT that he took some dry chips out for himself.

so suggest another way to show I'm rightfully angry then...:colonhash:

You should have offered to share the chips with him in the first place.
k. we're going in circles. thanks for posting.
Reply 86
You overreacted here imo dude...
Original post by *Stefan*
You overreacted here imo dude...

I don't get when people say "overreacted." What would have been the appropriate reaction then?? lol
maybe I should've left out the bit about how others reacted when it happened, because I feel people are just siding with them ASAP :colonhash:

Original post by Zyzzospirit
:facepalm2:

reports for only putting a smiley lol
im just playin.
k, so what have I learned today? Share chips? :dontknow:

or don't chuck chips at someone who took the piss n touched my food? :colonhash:
Reply 90
I don't get when people say "overreacted." What would have been the appropriate reaction then?? lol

Don't take it personally - it's just what it seems to me.

I know it can be annoying, but going somewhat ballistic isn't the approach to take (again imo).

I've had people empty a whole bag of chips, but I just bought another one because I knew I'd eat more pizza when we went out :P

So I guess you could have asked him not to take the chips, but not in the way you did (if it were (someone as stubborn as) me, I would have probably stopped talking to you for at least a week :P)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by *Stefan*
Don't take it personally - it's just what it seems to me.

I know it can be annoying, but going somewhat ballistic isn't the approach to take (again imo).

I've had people empty a whole bag of chips, but I just bought another one because I knew I'd eat more pizza when we went out :P

So I guess you could have asked him not to take the chips, but not in the way you did (if it were someone as stubborn as me, I would have probably stopped talking to you for at least a week :P)

he did stop talking for me for a week, as I posted in OP. Well tomorrow it'll be a week which ain't long but for people who keep running into each other it's awkward as **** to play ignoring each other, and though he's the one mad I'm better at it than he is tbh because I'm more outgoing. So he just looks dumb emptying beer bottles with the same people while I network without him. Holding a grudge is dumb and ugly when you're quiet anyway; at least make me jealous.

It's more than annoying, it's plain disrespectful. I stand by that but thanks for posting. And I can't ask someone not to take something they already took innit.
Reply 92
he did stop talking for me for a week, as I posted in OP. Well tomorrow it'll be a week which ain't long but for people who keep running into each other it's awkward as **** to play ignoring each other, and though he's the one mad I'm better at it than he is tbh because I'm more outgoing. So he just looks dumb emptying beer bottles with the same people while I network without him. Holding a grudge is dumb and ugly when you're quiet anyway; at least make me jealous.

It's more than annoying, it's plain disrespectful. I stand by that but thanks for posting. And I can't ask someone not to take something they already took innit.

Yeah, just read that.

Well, my final words, because I have to go, would be that you should approach him.

It's unlikely that he even thought of making you jealous; he probably just wants you to approach him and apologise.

Anyway, it's not worth ruining a friendship over some chips -it's not even worth it for much more serious stuff! You'll both regret it once the initial "I'm not talking to you" phase passes, so it'd be better to get this over now (that's my take at least).
Well he offered them to the table right, so why should just you have them?
Reply 94
Maybe just say 'hey man, I'm sorry that I lashed out at you before and you know how much I love my food. We should hangout again, my treat?' (even though he was the one who was wrong, but then again you guys could have shared it or whatnot. What's really done is done.)

Just forget it, not worth losing a friend over...potatoes. Right? xD
(edited 8 years ago)
I would have split the chips in the first place instead of being selfish. Falling out over chips is pretty hilarious though. Life is far too short for such nonsense
So recently I was at a chip shop with a group of mates. It's all good as usual, chatting, drinking, good vibe. One of my mates said he drank too much on an empty stomach and asked the table who wants the food. I immediately say "me!" as does our other friend. But I slide the plate over to me like pull it to me.

K so now it's mine, no? And I don't like ketchup so I'm about to get curry, I reach for it. Whilst I do my bredda reaches his hand in...and grabs a handful, mashing some chips up in the process. He dumps em in his plate and I just stare at him in shock. He dunks em all in ketchup almost like territorial knowing I don't like it.

So now I'm mad and ask him aggressively why the **** he did that. All our mates and neighbouring tables go :erm: at us. He's like :lolwut: and says, "fine have some back." And uses his hand to pick up the ketchupy chips and dunks em in my curry dip.

Like wtf!?

So I just loose it and pick em up and I can't rem what I said and I chuck the chips at him one by one while I stand up cussing at him and he sits there like :colonhash: then just gets up and quietly walks to the loo. I'm fuming nostrils flaring and sit back down and drink. Another mate is like "you didn't have to do that" and the one who gave the chips up is like ":s-smilie: I was offering them to everyone." But neither of em will look me in my eyes :rolleyes: I fan them away.

so my mate comes out and just walks out not saying anything and I go after him like buy me some more chips but he just keeps walking and goes home and we haven't spoken since; it's been about a week and we see each other all the time and circle in the same group at parties and that and he won't talk to me.

Right, opinions? :colonhash: Before you answer, imagine it was your food.
and does he not owe me chips and new curry? He can't ignore me forever :colonhash:

I was truly offended because he knows how much I love chips . He's one of my best mates tbh, when I needed a place to stay when I was 16 (23 now) he offered a spare room his sister used to have so idk why he did that: S

Wow. If you'd had of done that to me then you'd of got a shock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
Wow. If you'd had of done that to me then you'd of got a shock.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wth. mega bump my darling. this is so long ago that it happened lol
How old are you?? I'm 18 and me and my friends would have to fall out over something extremely major to not speak for a week. You sound really immature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
How old are you?? I'm 18 and me and my friends would have to fall out over something extremely major to not speak for a week. You sound really immature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you did some deep digging in my thread history just to say this? low it and go sleep.

Quick Reply