The Student Room Group

Who Was Wrong Here?

So recently I was at a chip shop with a group of mates. It's all good as usual, chatting, drinking, good vibe. One of my mates said he drank too much on an empty stomach and asked the table who wants the food. I immediately say "me!" as does our other friend. But I slide the plate over to me like pull it to me.

K so now it's mine, no? And I don't like ketchup so I'm about to get curry, I reach for it. Whilst I do my bredda reaches his hand in...and grabs a handful, mashing some chips up in the process. He dumps em in his plate and I just stare at him in shock. He dunks em all in ketchup almost like territorial knowing I don't like it.

So now I'm mad and ask him aggressively why the **** he did that. All our mates and neighbouring tables go :erm: at us. He's like :lolwut: and says, "fine have some back." And uses his hand to pick up the ketchupy chips and dunks em in my curry dip.

Like wtf!?

So I just loose it and pick em up and I can't rem what I said and I chuck the chips at him one by one while I stand up cussing at him and he sits there like :colonhash: then just gets up and quietly walks to the loo. I'm fuming nostrils flaring and sit back down and drink. Another mate is like "you didn't have to do that" and the one who gave the chips up is like ":s-smilie: I was offering them to everyone." But neither of em will look me in my eyes :rolleyes: I fan them away.

so my mate comes out and just walks out not saying anything and I go after him like buy me some more chips but he just keeps walking and goes home and we haven't spoken since; it's been about a week and we see each other all the time and circle in the same group at parties and that and he won't talk to me.

Right, opinions? :colonhash: Before you answer, imagine it was your food.
and does he not owe me chips and new curry? He can't ignore me forever :colonhash:

I was truly offended because he knows how much I love chips . He's one of my best mates tbh, when I needed a place to stay when I was 16 (23 now) he offered a spare room his sister used to have so idk why he did that: S

Scroll to see replies

@MsFahima @Shamoo28 @jedanselemyia @NishaaaR @Dinaa @missaxo for starters, advice lol? :s-smilie: You're all smart and I trust your opinions.
:wink:
Original post by Man.bear.pig
So recently I was at a chip shop with a group of mates. It's all good as usual, chatting, drinking, good vibe. One of my mates said he drank too much on an empty stomach and asked the table who wants the food. I immediately say "me!" as does our other friend. But I slide the plate over to me like pull it to me.

K so now it's mine, no? And I don't like ketchup so I'm about to get curry, I reach for it. Whilst I do my bredda reaches his hand in...and grabs a handful, mashing some chips up in the process. He dumps em in his plate and I just stare at him in shock. He dunks em all in ketchup almost like territorial knowing I don't like it.

So now I'm mad and ask him aggressively why the **** he did that. All our mates and neighbouring tables go :erm: at us. He's like :lolwut: and says, "fine have some back." And uses his hand to pick up the ketchupy chips and dunks em in my curry dip.

Like wtf!?

So I just loose it and pick em up and I can't rem what I said and I chuck the chips at him one by one while I stand up cussing at him and he sits there like :colonhash: then just gets up and quietly walks to the loo. I'm fuming nostrils flaring and sit back down and drink. Another mate is like "you didn't have to do that" and the one who gave the chips up is like ":s-smilie: I was offering them to everyone." But neither of em will look me in my eyes :rolleyes: I fan them away.

so my mate comes out and just walks out not saying anything and I go after him like buy me some more chips but he just keeps walking and goes home and we haven't spoken since; it's been about a week and we see each other all the time and circle in the same group at parties and that and he won't talk to me.

Right, opinions? :colonhash: Before you answer, imagine it was your food.
and does he not owe me chips and new curry? He can't ignore me forever :colonhash:

I was truly offended because he knows how much I love chips . He's one of my best mates tbh, when I needed a place to stay when I was 16 (23 now) he offered a spare room his sister used to have so idk why he did that: S

:giggle::giggle: you should have shared!! never leave a plate of food around ur friends
Original post by missaxo
:giggle::giggle: you should have shared!! never leave a plate of food around ur friends

omg please don't laugh, it was serious like i dunno if it was malicious or to be funny or what, I just can't.
The "my food...:frown:" thread you just posted in reminded me of this because I was literally thinking about it mulling it over whether to post it or not :s-smilie:

i should have shared but wow I would have, he didn't give me a chance. He just dug in and mashed em up, that's so disgusting that it pissed me off. Omd Idk whether to apologise or what, he's being a bitch :erm:

thanks as well btw :hugs:
Reply 5
Food > friends aye? :wink:
Hahah dont worry, i think you should take the high road and tell him that you wanna smooth things over and just move on
And maybe much later when you both are in a chip shop again, you can remind him about how he owes you one, which im sure he'll give

You know, sort of like forgive but dont forget?
Reply 6
Tbh he took it quite well. You should've shared with him.
Original post by Shamoo28
Food > friends aye? :wink:
Hahah dont worry, i think you should take the high road and tell him that you wanna smooth things over and just move on
And maybe much later when you both are in a chip shop again, you can remind him about how he owes you one, which im sure he'll give

You know, sort of like forgive but dont forget?

:rofl: nahh I just found it nasty in character as much as I found it narsty in table manners :colonhash:
why do I have to take the bloody high road? :grumble: he reached in my plate?! lol
Reply 8
:rofl: nahh I just found it nasty in character as much as I found it narsty in table manners :colonhash:
why do I have to take the bloody high road? :grumble: he reached in my plate?! lol

Yeah but then again, as mentioned above, you shouldve shared too

Also, being the bigger person isnt necessarily bad, it shows how much you care for your friendship and that youre man enough to approach him about it
omg please don't laugh, it was serious like i dunno if it was malicious or to be funny or what, I just can't.
The "my food...:frown:" thread you just posted in reminded me of this because I was literally thinking about it mulling it over whether to post it or not :s-smilie:

i should have shared but wow I would have, he didn't give me a chance. He just dug in and mashed em up, that's so disgusting that it pissed me off. Omd Idk whether to apologise or what, he's being a bitch :erm:

thanks as well btw :hugs:

:lol::lol: nah i hate ketchup too i know how you feel. apologise to him but demand an apology back from him for taking ur food
He was in the wrong as he put ketchup all over them chips
It would have been better if he shared it evenly or just buy you a large portion of chips :biggrin:
Life is never that serious to fight over food
haha I've gotten into an argument like this. One of my flatmates acted like you when someone didn't want a pizza. She immediately acted like it was her pizza when the other flatmate offered it to everyone lol. I didn't even like the pizza but I made a point of telling her to **** off and ate a bunch of it anyway even though I didn't like it because she was being a total selfish bitch :redface:
I appreciate you all :adore: but this is all bigger than a tray of chips lol
Original post by Shamoo28
Yeah but then again, as mentioned above, you shouldve shared tooAlso, being the bigger person isnt necessarily bad, it shows how much you care for your friendship and that youre man enough to approach him about it
hmmmm :beard:
Original post by missaxo
:lol::lol: nah i hate ketchup too i know how you feel. apologise to him but demand an apology back from him for taking ur food
wwwhat will i be apologising for? :K: :colondollar:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
He was in the wrong as he put ketchup all over them chipsIt would have been better if he shared it evenly or just buy you a large portion of chips :biggrin:Life is never that serious to fight over food

:rofl:
it would've been better if he didn't reach in and if he would've just asked me to give him some; I would have. it was just shocking to me and I have no idea why but I blew up. Like he never was that daring but he does that a lot. One time I had a drink and he just took a sip of it. And then I just gave it to him. I don't like that. Just ask, don't take and put me in a bind to give it all to you cuz you infected it. Who does that?
Original post by ChickenMadness
haha I've gotten into an argument like this. One of my flatmates acted like you when someone didn't want a pizza. She immediately acted like it was her pizza when the other flatmate offered it to everyone lol. I didn't even like the pizza but I made a point of telling her to **** off and ate a bunch of it anyway even though I didn't like it because she was being a total selfish bitch :redface:

ah. so you did it to be malicious.

right.

my actions officially confirmed reasonable then. thanks man :h:
ah. so you did it to be malicious.

right.

my actions officially confirmed reasonable then. thanks man :h:

No they weren't :h: You were selfish and malicious.

I was selfless because I took the heat and gave pizza to my other flatmates lmao. Basically foiled an evil villain's plans. Took from the bitch and gave from the poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
You completely overreacted? The person offering the food said it was for everyone but you acted like they were all yours. Plus he took them off your plate because you pulled it towards you so no one else could have it. You should have shared, and throwing them at him was uncalled for

:rofl:
it would've been better if he didn't reach in and if he would've just asked me to give him some; I would have. it was just shocking to me and I have no idea why but I blew up. Like he never was that daring but he does that a lot. One time I had a drink and he just took a sip of it. And then I just gave it to him. I don't like that. Just ask, don't take and put me in a bind to give it all to you cuz you infected it. Who does that?

Exactly. Some people seem to forget to use manners
Maybe cause you are short tempered
Ask and you will recieve....an answer :biggrin:
Original post by ChickenMadness
You were selfish and malicious.

eh?

Original post by georgiaswift
You completely overreacted? The person offering the food said it was for everyone but you acted like they were all yours. Plus he took them off your plate because you pulled it towards you so no one else could have it. You should have shared, and throwing them at him was uncalled for

that was after. No one understands me :sad: lol
2nd bold: well :s-smilie: ok this is why I posted, I really don't get some things I dunno. :facepalm:

But is everyone just gonna ignore that he touched my food? I put the chips in my plate with all my other food :dontknow:
He's one of my best mates tbh, when I needed a place to stay when I was 16 (23 now) he offered a spare room his sister used to have so idk why he did that: S

:facepalm2:
eh?

that was after. No one understands me :sad: lol
2nd bold: well :s-smilie: ok this is why I posted, I really don't get some things I dunno. :facepalm:

But is everyone just gonna ignore that he touched my food? I put the chips in my plate with all my other food :dontknow:

He touched the food?? So what???? He had every right to take them because they were for everybody, I really don't see what the big deal is. He took them off your plate because you were a selfish dick and took them all when they were supposed to be shared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending