The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Me im freaking out, i just cant find an article, im so glad im not the only one.
Reply 2
Try looking at internet articles on the theories surrounding the suffolk/ipswich murders. I read alot of newspaper articles on that and remembered thinking how closely they related criminal psychology section of the course.

I did it on an article based on the Michael jackson court case:redface:

I think the crime stuff is quite easy. Also if your prepared to do some research and are intersted in health psychology and individual differences anorexia or bulimia have been studied in at least 4 well documented psychologists experiments and since its eating disorders awareness week i bet there will be a few articles in mags on that.

hope that helps
Reply 3
rosie0204
Try looking at internet articles on the theories surrounding the suffolk/ipswich murders. I read alot of newspaper articles on that and remembered thinking how closely they related criminal psychology section of the course.

I did it on an article based on the Michael jackson court case:redface:

I think the crime stuff is quite easy. Also if your prepared to do some research and are intersted in health psychology and individual differences anorexia or bulimia have been studied in at least 4 well documented psychologists experiments and since its eating disorders awareness week i bet there will be a few articles in mags on that.

hope that helps

Its really hard, i just need a tarting point, i have read countless papers and its just aint happening, im determined to have the draft by Monday completed.
Reply 4
Katy200
Its really hard, i just need a tarting point, i have read countless papers and its just aint happening, im determined to have the draft by Monday completed.

I have a book called A2 Psychology OCR - module 2543: psychology research report. its a little orange book that costs about 6 pounds and has loads of examples and stuff in it. its really helpful. you can get it on amazon - i doubt it would be with you by tomorrow though!
Reply 5
Im having a lot of trouble with it too. It doesnt help that my psychology teacher left and the new one is still settling in and has a completely different teaching style.

I have my article, I have websites that have somewhat apposite research but I have no clue how to write the damn thing. We haven't been given any examples or a structure we need to follow like in the other piece of coursework. We're all ripping our hair out over it lol
Reply 6
Spiffy
Im having a lot of trouble with it too. It doesnt help that my psychology teacher left and the new one is still settling in and has a completely different teaching style.

I have my article, I have websites that have somewhat apposite research but I have no clue how to write the damn thing. We haven't been given any examples or a structure we need to follow like in the other piece of coursework. We're all ripping our hair out over it lol

mines due tomorrow, and i dont have a section C or a third asumption, ive had it. I wish she gave us the half term.
Reply 7
My psychology teacher is a complete TIT, i've still not found an article and the cw is due in on friday! I've looked in several mags + newspapers, but can't find anything I know anything about, i've only done environmental psy so inless i can find something about crowding....or designing maps, i'm stuck (argh).

Can anyone recommend anything that's been in the news recently?

Oh, and how are we all feeling about the up-coming jan module results?
Reply 8
Happyjeans
My psychology teacher is a complete TIT, i've still not found an article and the cw is due in on friday! I've looked in several mags + newspapers, but can't find anything I know anything about, i've only done environmental psy so inless i can find something about crowding....or designing maps, i'm stuck (argh).

Can anyone recommend anything that's been in the news recently?

Oh, and how are we all feeling about the up-coming jan module results?

really scared about the results. I feel a resit coming on. I doubt i have suprised myself like i ddi last time. Have you tried the real life section of womans magazines. Anything eating disorder related is good as you could use the social learning theory
Reply 9
Katy200
really scared about the results. I feel a resit coming on. I doubt i have suprised myself like i ddi last time. Have you tried the real life section of womans magazines. Anything eating disorder related is good as you could use the social learning theory

I've found one about a woman who was in an out of mental institutions, took several overdoses, cut, and was bulimic, problem is, that only really supports 1 peice of psychology rather than 3 different ones as required.

I'm not too sure how i got on with the exam either, i took the paper at home, dosed up to my eyeballs on opium based painkillers....nice.

At least we do have the oportunity to repeat eh. What are you planning to do next year?
eeeek help me!!! I am so stressed out! I can't seem to find the right articles!!!!
A big tip I use is not to think about psychology to start with (sounds silly but wait). Thinking about psychology first is like putting the cart before the horse.

When you're reading articles to use for the assignment have a piece of paper next to you with three circles on. As your reading through the assignment just think about 'generally what's going on in this article?'. You need to find an article with three things going on before you can even start to apply psychology.

Eg. You might have an article from one of those 'my mothers married my next-door neighbours brothers hairdressers dog walkers alien cousin and it's turned out he's my real father' type magazines which although complete tripe are really good for this.

An typical article about some husband trying to kill his wife: In the article the three things that are happening are:

Husband attempts to murder wife

Wife has nightmares and struggles to cope after

Husband converts to a priest inside

Right we're good-to-go now. This is where the research comes in. You need to apply psychology to the three things that are going on in the article. So with a bit of google-ing (or even better try these searches) you might find:

Psychological reasons for murder (SLT, VIM, Rational Choice)

PTSD

The effectiveness of prisons in rehabilitation

All you have to do is find a study for each and the report almost writes itself.

It's not an easy piece of work but with a little perseverance and searching you can come out with an excellent grade.

For more information on OCR Coursework go to PsychBLOG's coursework section http://www.psychblog.co.uk/coursework-inspiration

HTH
Reply 12
Right ive got my article and done the issues and assumtion and got Differential assosiation, externalisation (locus of control) and farringtons study on crime prevention, i cant find the original research for the evidence section, i know what the conclusions are but cant find results, participants ect. Any links to these would be great.
Jrizzle1
Right ive got my article and done the issues and assumtion and got Differential assosiation, externalisation (locus of control) and farringtons study on crime prevention, i cant find the original research for the evidence section, i know what the conclusions are but cant find results, participants ect. Any links to these would be great.

You're not supposed to write everything about the study. Even wirting up their abstracts will do (said by my teacher who is also an examiner). You need to relate it to the person in the article and evaluate more than anything else. For example, from mine:
My second assumption is supported by research by Marlatt and Rohsenow into the role of cognitions in addiction and general substance abuse. Alcohol is commonly thought to stimulate aggression and increase sexual responsiveness, yet Marlatt and Rohsenow, along with Wilson 1981, dispute this, instead supporting the idea that that it is a person’s cognitions that lead to certain behaviours; in the case of...person in article.... In their study demonstrating this, they found that.......,
showing...relate back to article again...
That's all you need

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.sturt/crime/theocrim.htm - scroll down for Farrington

Locus of control is by Rotter and then develped by Wallston (or the other way around...I can't remember)

Dunno about the other
Reply 14
Thanks you very much, ive got the other in this book just now, bit of luck:smile: and thanks for the tips, ill make sure i do it that way:biggrin:

Latest