The Student Room Group

Croatian Immigrant

Since most of you have a very distinct opinion on immigration, I'm really eager to hear your opinion.

I'm from Croatia and my wish is to become a naturalized British citizen. However, unlike some of the other people I've seen that want the same thing, I'm perfectly willing to integrate into the British culture and way of life. I speak English flawlessly, without an accent, and after I finish my degree in the UK, I'll also be British-educated.

So, what would you be your opinion on an immigrant like this?
If you pay more tax than you take out and you're not a Croatian Bosniak Muslim

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Otherwise

:unimpressed:
Reply 2
Original post by SotonianOne
If you pay more tax than you take out and you're not a Croatian Bosniak Muslim

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Otherwise

:unimpressed:

I maintain that paying tax responsibly and appropriately is a very important trait of anyone who wishes to attain citizenship.

I'm not a Muslim. I'm an atheist.
Original post by Withengar
Since most of you have a very distinct opinion on immigration, I'm really eager to hear your opinion.

I'm from Croatia and my wish is to become a naturalized British citizen. However, unlike some of the other people I've seen that want the same thing, I'm perfectly willing to integrate into the British culture and way of life. I speak English flawlessly, without an accent, and after I finish my degree in the UK, I'll also be British-educated.

You'll be fine mate plus your skin is the same colour as the owners of this land so you are doubly fine.

People have a problem with lower/working class immigrants. They don't have a problem with middle or upper class immigrants. I think that point needs to be highlighted whenever someone speaks about immigration lol.
Reply 4
Original post by Withengar

A white atheist educated to degree level who wishes to pledge their loyalty to the UK over Croatia..

Welcome aboard good sir.
What SotonianOne said.

Welcome aboard fellow European!

Quick Reply

Latest