The Student Room Group

Is this girl even interested?

So I've just graduated from Uni and for the final year this was this girl on my course who I liked a lot. Only problem was she had a boyfriend. Initially when she joined she was giving the standard signs that she was interested so obviously I wanted to get to know her. As I got know her better, I really started to like her and then someone else dropped the bomb that she had a boyfriend when I was talking to them about her. As I'm not the kind of person to try and break up a relationship for my own gains, I just stuck to being friends with her. However, after graduating I've suddenly got the feeling that I maybe should have done more. As I have her number, I text her a few times. I just made up some fake story that I needed help with something. We text back and forth and just had chat. She asked me to help her with something she's trying to sort out and I went to look for the thing she needed on the internet. I was doing this as a friend really but obviously I do like her as well.

After sending the information through a text, about 3 days ago, she has yet to respond. I can't understand why she's just chose to ignore it. Initially she responded in a few hours or so or instantly at times. She's been online on whatsapp a few times and read the messages but she's just ignored them. Obviously a part of me is annoyed as I thought she had some kind of interest in being friendly but also it's a simple fact of poor manners. This isn't a huge problem as some people are busy/unintentionally forget (I've done it a lot myself). However, after the year at Uni with her, I thought we liked each other and were at least friends but maybe not. I'm beginning to wonder whether I read the signs she gave wrongly but the fact that the first few days I saw her looking over regularly, laughing at unfunny jokes, always turning to listen when I spoke etc. are strange signs to give to someone who you don't find attractive.

I had wondered if she was having problems with her boyfriend as he didn't go to her graduation as she said there was no point in him coming and she originally planned on going overseas with him, but that is now suddenly off.

Any ideas of what I should do? Should I just forget about it?

Thanks
Aww

I get what you mean about when people read a message and don't respond.. I get really annoyed... Almost paranoid about it.. I often feel that way about when my friends don't reply...like they have better things to do than talk to me 😕

Yeah..she's showed all the signs I know of...if her boyfriend wasn't at her graduation ten maybe things aren't going great for them.. That may be why she doesn't respond to your texts/whatsapps cuz she feels she needs time out..perhaps even talking to a guy friend (or maybe your more to her!) as she thinks it will remind her of her bf.. She'll probably go back to herself soon and talk to you again pretty soon!...well that's my take on it since I'm a girl and that's how I would feel.

Good luck in the future

I hope that helped a wee bit!

😀
Just give her some space for a while.

I know it's hard and unbearable, but it's necessary so you don't mess something up
I don't like it too when my friends see my msgs and ignore them.
Reply 4
Original post by Megan_Daisy
Aww

I get what you mean about when people read a message and don't respond.. I get really annoyed... Almost paranoid about it.. I often feel that way about when my friends don't reply...like they have better things to do than talk to me 😕

Yeah..she's showed all the signs I know of...if her boyfriend wasn't at her graduation ten maybe things aren't going great for them.. That may be why she doesn't respond to your texts/whatsapps cuz she feels she needs time out..perhaps even talking to a guy friend (or maybe your more to her!) as she thinks it will remind her of her bf.. She'll probably go back to herself soon and talk to you again pretty soon!...well that's my take on it since I'm a girl and that's how I would feel.

Good luck in the future

I hope that helped a wee bit!

😀

Yeah you did help. I must admit I just now have the feeling that she isn't interested in me. She was happy being a friend at Uni and that's it.....or she has low self esteem so she doesn't think I'd be interested in her. I don't mean that the sound arrogant but when I've talked to friends about it, they've said that might be e problem. It's a real shame that we've finished Uni now as although the group plan to meet up, it's going to be difficult.
Reply 5
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Just give her some space for a while.

I know it's hard and unbearable, but it's necessary so you don't mess something up

Good advice. Thanks man! I'll stay quiet for now. However, I have a feeling I won't hear from her again anyway as she's either not interested or thinks I'm not interested in getting to know her better

Quick Reply