The Student Room Group

No ucas can I still use clearing?

Hi, I'm currently at university, however because of multiply reasons I have decided to change my course. I did call one of the universities that I'm interested in, and they said I don't need a ucas profile, all I have to do is call in on the day and ask if the course is available in clearings. Is this true? Do I not require a ucas account if I want to change courses using clearing?
In general, you need a clearing number to speak to unis on results day, and you need to accept the place via UCAS. Some unis might not follow this system, but not having a clearing number could cause unnecessary delays.

Is their any reason you specifically don't want to create a UCAS account? You wouldn't definitely need a PS or a reference.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
In general, you need a clearing number to speak to unis on results day, and you need to accept the place via UCAS. Some unis might not follow this system, but not having a clearing number could cause unnecessary delays.

Is their any reason you specifically don't want to create a UCAS account? You wouldn't definitely need a PS or a reference.

Hi, I spoke to the university again, they said I need a ucas account, but they said I can either create one before results day, or I can call in on results day and once I get verbal confirmation there are spaces available, I can then create one after. What would you advise to do?

Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito

So if I was to create my account in the next few days, I don't require a personal statement and a reference?
Original post by england100
Hi, I spoke to the university again, they said I need a ucas account, but they said I can either create one before results day, or I can call in on results day and once I get verbal confirmation there are spaces available, I can then create one after. What would you advise to do?

Thank you.
I would recommend filling out a UCAS application asap. That will give you the most options in clearing. You can do a very quick PS and just put in contact details for a referee.

Unis can use a form called an RPA to take people through clearing without going through UCAS but it is not common and you only get a single option.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
I would recommend filling out a UCAS application asap. That will give you the most options in clearing. You can do a very quick PS and just put in contact details for a referee.

Unis can use a form called an RPA to take people through clearing without going through UCAS but it is not common and you only get a single option.

Thanks for the response, I do appreciate it.

So if I was to create my account now, I don't need to worry about a reference from my college or university? When I did it last time, I was pretty sure I needed a reference before I could submit my application.
Original post by england100
Thanks for the response, I do appreciate it.

So if I was to create my account now, I don't need to worry about a reference from my college or university? When I did it last time, I was pretty sure I needed a reference before I could submit my application.

You need to fill out the details for a referee (so someone universities could phone if they need to) but you can leave the reference box blank and just enter "reference available on request ".
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
You need to fill out the details for a referee (so someone universities could phone if they need to) but you can leave the reference box blank and just enter "reference available on request ".

Thank you for your help, I shall complete that very soon. If I require any future help, I shall get in contact with you - thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending