The Student Room Group

Work Experience HELP! Aspiring Doctors, Vets, Pharmacists, Dentists, Engineers etc

Hi,
I am looking for work experience in Pharmacy as I want to become a Pharmacist. It has been hard to look for work experience in my area and I have heard the same from friends and strangers that want to be future doctors, dentist, vets and other similar high ranking jobs throughout the UK.

My school did work experience a few years back but the year before mine were the last. It is very unfortunate as the reason why it stopped was because not that many people took it seriously. My school didn't understand that not everyone was going to be same.

Any little advice/ help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
N
Reply 1
Hi,

I was in the same boat with you a few weeks ago. i almost lost hope and was really upset as places kept rejecting me but now i have lots of WE for medicine and dentistry.

I dont have any contacts for pharmacy otherwise i would have shared it with you.

I did work experience at a GP and they had a pharmacy linked to them so if you PM me i could give you the email of the practice manager and perhaps she may let you shadow at both the practice and the pharmacy.

And a good piece of advice is to literally EMAIL EVERYWHERE.

i must have emailed over 100 places for both dentistry and medicine work experience and only got about 9% good news.

I hope it all goes well. What university are you hoping to apply to?

Goodluck!
Original post by Elocin505
Hi,
I am looking for work experience in Pharmacy as I want to become a Pharmacist. It has been hard to look for work experience in my area and I have heard the same from friends and strangers that want to be future doctors, dentist, vets and other similar high ranking jobs throughout the UK.

My school did work experience a few years back but the year before mine were the last. It is very unfortunate as the reason why it stopped was because not that many people took it seriously. My school didn't understand that not everyone was going to be same.

Any little advice/ help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
N

Send emails to all the pharmacies which are close enough for you to travel to, and you will probably get at least some good news. I emailed over 50 hospital consultants and got one work experience placement in the end!
Reply 3
Original post by cilla_e
Hi,

I was in the same boat with you a few weeks ago. i almost lost hope and was really upset as places kept rejecting me but now i have lots of WE for medicine and dentistry.

I dont have any contacts for pharmacy otherwise i would have shared it with you.

I did work experience at a GP and they had a pharmacy linked to them so if you PM me i could give you the email of the practice manager and perhaps she may let you shadow at both the practice and the pharmacy.

And a good piece of advice is to literally EMAIL EVERYWHERE.

i must have emailed over 100 places for both dentistry and medicine work experience and only got about 9% good news.

I hope it all goes well. What university are you hoping to apply to?

Goodluck!

Thank you so much!
I will send you my email in a sec. I am trying to apply to the top pharmacy universities. These are Nottingham, Bath, UCL to name a few. Are you applying to both Dentistry and Medicine or just to see which one you prefer?
Reply 4
Original post by monstergirl
Send emails to all the pharmacies which are close enough for you to travel to, and you will probably get at least some good news. I emailed over 50 hospital consultants and got one work experience placement in the end!

Thank you! I will do that Monstergirl!
do a google search for "pharmacies/dentist/gps near me". then enter post code and phone all the pharmacies that you findf and ask them for work experience. You will get a lot of rejections but if u hang at it you will find a few.

Quick Reply

Latest