The Student Room Group

Maths or maths & statistics

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and only signed up to ask one question really. I'm hoping to apply for postgraduate study next year in economics but I will need an A in A level maths which I do not yet have.

I've decided I'm going to take the A level through distance learning and have two options. I either take the normal maths a level or I can take statistics. I know it would be better to study statistics if I want to go into economics but the important thing is that I get an A grade. Could anyone tell me which would be the easier option? As I really haven't studied maths in a long time.
Reply 1
A Level maths requires you to take six units, totaling 600UMS. You MUST take Core 1-4, and then you take two applied modules. These (generally, may vary by exam board) can be any two of: Stats 1; Stats 2; Mechanics 1; Mechanics 2; Decision 1; Decision 2. You can only take X Module 2 if you have taken X Module 1, but you may take any two of the X Module 1 options.

An A Level in statistics is not the same as an A Level in maths and if the A grade is a requirement will not satisfy it.

Both are piss easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending