The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Liberty Court Preston (UCLan)

Just wondering if anyone else is going to be living at Liberty Court in September? ☺️ This will be my first year so I'm just trying to get familiar with the Uni and area. (:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Raychie_Dee
Just wondering if anyone else is going to be living at Liberty Court in September? ☺️ This will be my first year so I'm just trying to get familiar with the Uni and area. (:

I am! I'm in flat 4 which flat are you? x
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kellymarievic
I am! I'm in flat 4 which flat are you? x

Haha great! My mum wrote my flat number down somewhere but we can't remember which it was 😟😂 My mum thinks its room 80-something and its on the second floor.. Its in the corner near the washing machines haha 😂
Reply 3
Im at liberty court. Going into my 4th year :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AGR93
Im at liberty court. Going into my 4th year :smile:

Haha cool! What are you studying? 😃
Reply 5
Modern languages. You?
Reply 6
Original post by AGR93
Modern languages. You?

Asia Pacific Studies with Japanese haha (:
Reply 7
What a coincidence haha
Reply 8
Hey I am studying Asia Pacific studies and I am Also in
liberty court flat 72 looking for my roommates as I haven't found anyone yet
Reply 9
Original post by Zeithia
Hey I am studying Asia Pacific studies and I am Also in
liberty court flat 72 looking for my roommates as I haven't found anyone yet

We have a group going on facebook for people studying APS if you would like to join 😃 (just let me know and I can invite you) I'm in flat 84 so its not too far away 😄
Reply 10
I should Already be in the Facebook chat, I'm A second year student currently, But I have to resit a couple of japanese modules, If I can give you any tips , study Japanese as much as you can, because it gets tough in second year - I think A lot of our year have resat exams this summer, and a few of us are resitting modules ( well if the uni aprove it - resitting is not an automatic right and don't belive any post that says "oh you can always resit the year" because that isn;t the case. ( not wanting to scare anyone off but it is tough)

Nice to meet you though :smile: have you got your move in dates yet
Original post by Zeithia
I should Already be in the Facebook chat, I'm A second year student currently, But I have to resit a couple of japanese modules, If I can give you any tips , study Japanese as much as you can, because it gets tough in second year - I think A lot of our year have resat exams this summer, and a few of us are resitting modules ( well if the uni aprove it - resitting is not an automatic right and don't belive any post that says "oh you can always resit the year" because that isn;t the case. ( not wanting to scare anyone off but it is tough)

Nice to meet you though :smile: have you got your move in dates yet

Well the more help I can get will be amazing haha, I'm just trying to find out what books/materials I need for when I study because they haven't mentioned what APS needs on the website... 😩

I am quite confident with Hiragana, still learning Katakana and not even started on Kanji.. Its too hard to remember 😂

They have told me you can move into Liberty court from the 5th (: thats when I will be going haha
Reply 12
Original post by Raychie_Dee
We have a group going on facebook for people studying APS if you would like to join 😃 (just let me know and I can invite you) I'm in flat 84 so its not too far away 😄

You're next door to me! Haha
Just confirmed my accommodation with Liberty Court. Waiting to be allocated :smile:

I'm doing Asia Pacific Studies - Japanese too!
Reply 14
Original post by Ice Dragon
Just confirmed my accommodation with Liberty Court. Waiting to be allocated :smile:

I'm doing Asia Pacific Studies - Japanese too!

Looks Like Liberty Court is going to be the APS collective at this rate haha! Are you a first Year? if so, Congratulations on getting your Placement
Original post by Zeithia
Looks Like Liberty Court is going to be the APS collective at this rate haha! Are you a first Year? if so, Congratulations on getting your Placement

Haha, that's good! And yes I am :smile:
Whats the difference between liberty court & liberty village? Struggling to decide between the two.Im a returning student so don't want to be too close
Reply 17
Original post by NellyMelly
Whats the difference between liberty court & liberty village? Struggling to decide between the two.Im a returning student so don't want to be too close

Liberty court is next to Pendle hall on brook street ( Near Brook building) and is very much on campus and Liberty village is nearer to town, but still reasonably close to the campus :smile: I think they are much of the same, just diffrent locations.
Original post by Zeithia
Liberty court is next to Pendle hall on brook street ( Near Brook building) and is very much on campus and Liberty village is nearer to town, but still reasonably close to the campus :smile: I think they are much of the same, just diffrent locations.

Ahh I see.I've never seen Liberty village I thought it was the one next to the shopping complex with aldi ,pound stretcher etc but just realised that's Brunel .
Which one do you think I should go for?
I lived in Eden in first year & it was quite bad so don't really want to live in that brook building /green bank area .#BringsBackTheMemories.Having said that most of my lectures are in greenbank & foster .
The odd thing is Liberty court has better reviews than Liberty village :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by NellyMelly
Ahh I see.I've never seen Liberty village I thought it was the one next to the shopping complex with aldi ,pound stretcher etc but just realised that's Brunel .
Which one do you think I should go for?
I lived in Eden in first year & it was quite bad so don't really want to live in that brook building /green bank area .#BringsBackTheMemories.Having said that most of my lectures are in greenbank & foster .
The odd thing is Liberty court has better reviews than Liberty village :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard really good things about Liberty court and have friends who have lived there for the past two years, and I am going there this year, and so are a lot of my course mates, I was in pendle in first year which was very handy ( it is next door to Liberty court) it is a good area to be in especially if you have 9am lectures. I would say go for liberty court personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending