The Student Room Group

How do you feel about the situation in Calais?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plutonian
That's not true, Africa was always more advanced than the Americas. Don't know why Africa gets the reputation of most backwards when it was the Aztecs who couldn't even make iron swords. Ethiopia was never colonized and it isn't any worse than most African countries that were, proving that colonization never improved Africa.

Perhaps because parts of Africa didn't even have the concept of a wheel by the start of the 20th century?

(ignore his justification of slavery, the rest is nothing but true)

If Europe never touched Africa (below Sahara), their life expectancy would still be 26 and they would be hunting meat.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by SeaPony
So you are telling me if there was no immigration or emigration at all from the continent of Africa they would of developed the same technology as Europeans? No I did not think so.

You don't need to develop a tech to use it. Ethiopia was a backwards kingdom with everyone in mud huts, they bought books on Marxism, made a new government, bought industrial equipment from the Soviets, ditched the Soviets, kept the equipment, now they have internet and iPhone stores all without any European administration.
Reply 62
Original post by SotonianOne
Perhaps because parts of Africa didn't even have the concept of a wheel by the start of the 20th century?

I suppose in his twisted world African nations would be on mars by now!
Reply 63
You don't need to develop a tech to use it. Ethiopia was a backwards kingdom with everyone in mud huts, they bought books on Marxism, made a new government, bought industrial equipment from the Soviets, ditched the Soviets, kept the equipment, now they have internet and iPhone stores all without any European administration.

I said no immigration or emigration, that includes materials... even your beloved Karl Marx.
It's concerning. Something needs to be done, and sharpish.
Original post by goobypls
So send people to their death is that what you're saying ?

We can't let them in though.
You can't run concentration camps it is illegal and even if you wanted to ignore international law your population will give you grief for it. Japanese internment camps in the USA is still a sore point in the USA.

I don't know why you brought up black people

You can't decide to repopulate Eastern Europe. Bulgaria is not your colony, your arrogance is off the charts. If a UK minister mentioned these proposals to any Eastern European country they would go ballistic. "Hey Poland, we want to re-open some concentration camps and pour immigrants in your lands because we, a country 1000 miles away decided that it is best for you and we are too good for these immigrants" holy ****.

You clearly don't understand the ****ing concept of a concentration camp.

A concentration camp is a place which a government uses to keep people who are either against that government or who it thinks are too dangerous to remain free. Sometimes these are called internment camps, where a large number of people are put in prison without a trial.The people who are locked away in such a prison, are not usually yet found guilty of a crime, but may be politically against the leaders of a region, people who are of a certain race or religion, or non-military prisoners of war.

We are not putting them in prison, they won't have ****ing cells.
We are not malnourshing them, they will have ****ing food.
We are not poisoning them, they will have ****ing healthcare.
We are not killing them, we are giving them a SAFE PLACE TO LIVE which is what they are ****ing searching for?

We would be giving REFUGEES designated areas to LIVE where they will be TEMPORARILY CARED FOR while we await the CONFLICT in their HOMELAND to finish so they can be MOVED BACK.

Congratulations for the dumbest post this month.

Ethiopia already began industrialisation when it was a state capitalist dictatorship from 1945 to 1974.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Empire

Your beloved Marxism has caused two million deaths in Ethiopia from civil war 1974 - 1990.

As always expected from communism, the collectivisation of farms in Ethiopia resulted in a famine due to workers moving to different sectors of the economy as farming was no longer live-able, and beloved Marx is responsible for a million famine deaths in Ethiopia. Along with another 50 million famine deaths in China. And another 10 in Ukraine.

Long live Marx, long live Marxism.
Reply 67

If Europe never touched Africa (below Sahara), their life expectancy would still be 26 and they would be hunting meat.

Youtube sources
Parts of Africa, parts
I've had these arguments with racists all too many times. They go on about all Africans being retards, pushing the goalposts lower and lower until we're at some little jungle tribe near the Victoria falls. First it's all Africans till you point out Egypt, then it's Black Africans till you point out Ethiopia, then it's Sub-Saharan black Africa till you point out Nigeria had government, armoured cavalry and large settled walled cities long before the Europeans turned up and then they start moving on to the backwater parts of Africa as if they speak for the entire continent.

Colonialism did barely anything to improve Africa. 1) Africa was only fully colonized for about 70 years 2) the European rulers made a point of never teaching the natives anything 3) they made no infrastructure beyond what was militarily useful 4) when they left they took all the industrial equipment with them out of spite. I read that when the French left Mali I think it was they took even the chairs and pens from the capitol out of sheer spite that they were made to leave.
The French won't do anything because they like them there. They are a tolerant multicultural society, so those illegals add to their vibrant culture. A French woman named Electre recently attacked a wall mural in Paris which was paid for with French tax Euros. This was a mural commissioned by the mayor of Paris:

It has crossed out "France for the French" with "French women for the African men". France could not give two cursory glances about this issue. At the end of the day, they don't care and the surrounding countries will solve the problems they have with it. It is assumed that France will give them amnesty and that will allow the illegal immigrants legal access to the UK.
Reply 69
Congratulations for the dumbest post this month.

Ethiopia already began industrialisation when it was a state capitalist dictatorship from 1945 to 1974.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Empire

Your beloved Marxism has caused two million deaths in Ethiopia from civil war 1974 - 1990.

As always expected from communism, the collectivisation of farms in Ethiopia resulted in a famine due to workers moving to different sectors of the economy as farming was no longer live-able, and beloved Marx is responsible for a million famine deaths in Ethiopia. Along with another 50 million famine deaths in China. And another 10 in Ukraine.

Long live Marx, long live Marxism.

I wasn't supporting Marxism I thought that was their catalyst for industrializing. My point stills stands and you proved it that they fixed up themselves by buying gear and knowledge from the rest of the more advanced world, not because they had Europeans running the place.
Youtube sources
Parts of Africa, parts
I've had these arguments with racists all too many times. They go on about all Africans being retards, pushing the goalposts lower and lower until we're at some little jungle tribe near the Victoria falls. First it's all Africans till you point out Egypt, then it's Black Africans till you point out Ethiopia, then it's Sub-Saharan black Africa till you point out Nigeria had government, armoured cavalry and large settled walled cities long before the Europeans turned up and then they start moving on to the backwater parts of Africa as if they speak for the entire continent.

Colonialism did barely anything to improve Africa. 1) Africa was only fully colonized for about 70 years 2) the European rulers made a point of never teaching the natives anything 3) they made no infrastructure beyond what was militarily useful 4) when they left they took all the industrial equipment with them out of spite. I read that when the French left Mali I think it was they took even the chairs and pens from the capitol out of sheer spite that they were made to leave.

ofc

when the Roman Empire invaded Libya they found parts of spacecraft. Don't forget the laser guns with which Nigerians fought off the British muskets in 1820.
Reply 71
Original post by HigherMinion
The French won't do anything because they like them there. They are a tolerant multicultural society, so those illegals add to their vibrant culture. A French woman named Electre recently attacked a wall mural in Paris which was paid for with French tax Euros. This was a mural commissioned by the mayor of Paris:

It has crossed out "France for the French" with "French women for the African men". France could not give two cursory glances about this issue. At the end of the day, they don't care and the surrounding countries will solve the problems they have with it. It is assumed that France will give them amnesty and that will allow the illegal immigrants legal access to the UK.

Euros complaining about their women having sex with immigrants, isn't it the choice of the woman who she has sex with? Either shut up and accept it or admit that you are treating women as a commodity to be controlled.
I wasn't supporting Marxism I thought that was their catalyst for industrializing. My point stills stands and you proved it that they fixed up themselves by buying gear and knowledge from the rest of the more advanced world, not because they had Europeans running the place.

yeah exactly, the only reason that they have an economy with a reasonable industry is because of contact with europeans

without it, they would be nothing. thank you for agreeing.
Reply 73
Euros complaining about their women having sex with immigrants, isn't it the choice of the woman who she has sex with? Either shut up and accept it or admit that you are treating women as a commodity to be controlled.

Radical islam sure treats women like commodities.
Reply 74
ofc

when the Roman Empire invaded Libya they found parts of spacecraft. Don't forget the laser guns with which Nigerians fought off the British muskets in 1820.

The Roman Empire never invaded Libya because the Roman Empire didn't exist during the Roman invasion.
Nearby Tunisia did however invade the Roman Empire when controlled by the Vandals in the 400s
I know more history than you. I will make you look stupid if you continue to argue with me.
Reply 75
France has always been very weak against illegal immigrants. It's not a surprise.
Reply 76
yeah exactly, the only reason that they have an economy with a reasonable industry is because of contact with europeans

without it, they would be nothing. thank you for agreeing.

aand you got your gunpowder from the Arabs, what's your point?

The point is that this move is state_sponsored. Do you not see an issue with that? The French government is importing swathes of third world men and encouraging them, giving them carte blanche to do what they like. This is anarcho-tyranny in action.

Electre did do something about it, by the way. She was pretty brave to do so.

What is this commodity you're talking about? Are you a Marxist? You don't seem to have all your faculties in tact because the last I checked women and society only started getting screwed since the push for equality and feminism. Women have different roles and operate on a different level to men; you have to have zero life-skills to not know this. But hey, the great thing about being a Marxist is sounding pseudo-intellectual whilst not having to prove yourself!
Reply 78

Gunpowder was a chinese invention.

you are so ignorant my brain hurts

and gunpowder is chinese but whatever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending