The Student Room Group

Children

So according to scientists, women who want a big family (3 or more children) should start age 23.
Women who want two kids should start aged 27
Women wanting just one should start at 32
IVF is expensive and offers little guarantee

Professor Allan Pacey, a Sheffield University fertility expert, said: ‘We haven’ t got a time machine we can put people in….that’s just a blunt reality.‘Everyone thinks you can wait this shows you can’t.’

What are everyone's thoughts on this? You can't possibly be settled at age 23, right? Are fertility calculators and research studies nonsense ? Discuss :smile:
Reply 1
We could, y'know, stop the ongoing tide of destruction and quit having children altogether
meh, have them when you want. Some people have it all sorted out life wise pretty young. However people who go to uni (most people) wont be, they will barely have a roof over their heads at 23 so its stupid them saying to start having kids. and there is no reason why you can't have them later though, admittedly there is more risk of birth defects after 35 though
How about people adopt and give a family to a new child instead of popping out new ones recklessly and putting their bodies through all kinds of pain.
It's possible to be settled at 23. my mum married my dad when she was 23. My brother was born when mum was 23.

Quick Reply