The Student Room Group

overweight, hirsutism, depressed and alone

everything is **** for me. all I have are problems and problems which have problems.

I have recently put on a lot of weight and not focused on anything. I have an great job and great family etc I have a few loyal friends and I am happy.

I am scared to date anyone or approach a guy. I get told that I am really pretty and have nice features and a great personality but the only problem is I am overweight and have hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair) I havent been diagnosed because I am damn scared to get myself checked but I know I have it.

I get it waxed and my face looks awesome but I am so depressed and lonely about it. if I told a guy that I have hirsutism, he would disappear because I count to one.

what do I do? I am so depressed about this. I cant be bothered working or anything... I want to get rid of this hair and unnecessary weight but I eat when I am depressed :frown:
Rather clear what you need to do. Go to the doctors, get told what you have and the options for treating it. Lose weight. :smile: You know you can do it, so get it done.
Reply 2
Hey :smile:

I've never heard of hirsutism before and it doesn't sound nice, so my sympathies.

As you said at the beginning, you have a great job, family and friends, so focus on that! Focus on the people around you who love you and will support you, even go to them and ask somebody to accompany you to the doctors if needs be, if you feel the need to be diagnosed.

In terms of guy problems? Men can wait, there's somebody out there for everybody, no matter who you are, what you look like, or what problems you have. So trust that somebody will come around the corner and be the one.

I, too have struggled with weight gain recently, so I understand the downward spiral of eating to feel better, but that only adding to the original problem. A way I have found that has really helped me lose weight is to track what I eat, if you have an iPhone or Android, download MyFitnessPal, it's great for tracking calories. Even if you exceed your daily limit a bit, it doesn't matter because it makes you aware of how much you are eating, and gets you to think twice about what you eat :smile:.

Good luck with everything, and chin up :smile:. Things always get better, and every cloud has a silver lining (sorry for the cliché).

Esme
Reply 3
See your GP, there are some medical causes for hirsutism that can and need to be treated. Weight lose companies like Weight Watchers are good places to deal with weight problems. They are good at providing support to people wanting to lose weight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
everything is **** for me. all I have are problems and problems which have problems.

I have recently put on a lot of weight and not focused on anything. I have an great job and great family etc I have a few loyal friends and I am happy.

I am scared to date anyone or approach a guy. I get told that I am really pretty and have nice features and a great personality but the only problem is I am overweight and have hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair) I havent been diagnosed because I am damn scared to get myself checked but I know I have it.

I get it waxed and my face looks awesome but I am so depressed and lonely about it. if I told a guy that I have hirsutism, he would disappear because I count to one.

what do I do? I am so depressed about this. I cant be bothered working or anything... I want to get rid of this hair and unnecessary weight but I eat when I am depressed :frown:

I'll date you.
Hi! Honestly feel free to PM me, I understand :frown: Do you have PCOS by any chance? Because that may be the root cause of all the problem, hormonal imbalances. I honestly urge you to go to the doctors, see what help you can get from there on :smile:

Also the Oral contraceptive pill has been known to help, BUT PLEASE go to the doctor first!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by william walker
Rather clear what you need to do. Go to the doctors, get told what you have and the options for treating it. Lose weight. :smile: You know you can do it, so get it done.

thank you for your reply . I think I do need to face it and get myself diagnosed... I have relied on Google and I am 100% sure it is hirsutism. thanks once again
Reply 7
Original post by esmeb56
Hey :smile:

I've never heard of hirsutism before and it doesn't sound nice, so my sympathies.

As you said at the beginning, you have a great job, family and friends, so focus on that! Focus on the people around you who love you and will support you, even go to them and ask somebody to accompany you to the doctors if needs be, if you feel the need to be diagnosed.

In terms of guy problems? Men can wait, there's somebody out there for everybody, no matter who you are, what you look like, or what problems you have. So trust that somebody will come around the corner and be the one.

I, too have struggled with weight gain recently, so I understand the downward spiral of eating to feel better, but that only adding to the original problem. A way I have found that has really helped me lose weight is to track what I eat, if you have an iPhone or Android, download MyFitnessPal, it's great for tracking calories. Even if you exceed your daily limit a bit, it doesn't matter because it makes you aware of how much you are eating, and gets you to think twice about what you eat :smile:.

Good luck with everything, and chin up :smile:. Things always get better, and every cloud has a silver lining (sorry for the cliché).

Esme

wow... thanks for this post. it means a lot to me... you're right, I know guys are not important but I am finding it hard to not approach the ones that I like... I will download the app and try to get myself motivated to control myself. thanks once again...
Reply 8
I'll date you.

lol :frown: this made me laugh but sad at the same times. thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hi! Honestly feel free to PM me, I understand :frown: Do you have PCOS by any chance? Because that may be the root cause of all the problem, hormonal imbalances. I honestly urge you to go to the doctors, see what help you can get from there on :smile:

Also the Oral contraceptive pill has been known to help, BUT PLEASE go to the doctor first!

I think I do have PCOS...I even checked and 80% of major symptoms are the ones I have... I do want to go to the doctor but I am very depressed about going to the doctor... it is the root cause of everything I have :frown:
lol :frown: this made me laugh but sad at the same times. thanks!

why did it make you sad :frown: I'd love to be friends with you. I'm serious :smile:
Original post by Maker
See your GP, there are some medical causes for hirsutism that can and need to be treated. Weight lose companies like Weight Watchers are good places to deal with weight problems. They are good at providing support to people wanting to lose weight.

yeah, I am willing to try this out. thank you for your reply. It made me feel better. I am trying to tackle this using remedies and it has been working slowly but better. thanks for your response
why did it make you sad :frown: I'd love to be friends with you. I'm serious :smile:

sad because I am not the type of girl you'd want to date. especially because I have all this emotional baggage (and physical - bad joke, I know) and I would never want to be a burden on anyone :frown:
I think I do have PCOS...I even checked and 80% of major symptoms are the ones I have... I do want to go to the doctor but I am very depressed about going to the doctor... it is the root cause of everything I have :frown:

I haven't been diagnosed but I know I have it too, I have horribly painful periods, very irregular, my hormones are definitely imbalanced and I can see it in my skin :frown: it's literally the worst thing ever, I also still need to go to the doctors. honestly I'm sure doctors have seen much worse, that is what they are therefore, please don't feel embarrassed, you must go because it will help long term, especially if your PCOS affects your fertility in the future, you will wish you had gone sooner. Also please don't take the contraceptive pill without talking to your doctor about it first, because people have different reactions to it. Honestly just PM me! :smile:
I'll date you.

This is TSR, not an episode of 'The Undatables'
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I haven't been diagnosed but I know I have it too, I have horribly painful periods, very irregular, my hormones are definitely imbalanced and I can see it in my skin :frown: it's literally the worst thing ever, I also still need to go to the doctors. honestly I'm sure doctors have seen much worse, that is what they are therefore, please don't feel embarrassed, you must go because it will help long term, especially if your PCOS affects your fertility in the future, you will wish you had gone sooner. Also please don't take the contraceptive pill without talking to your doctor about it first, because people have different reactions to it. Honestly just PM me! :smile:

yeah :frown: *hugs* I dont have irregular periods or any painful ones. how old are you? i am 20 and it is frustrating because I have to get it waxed and seeing women who have clear skin really hurts me :frown:

i will go, thanks so much for your motivation... it really makes a difference to me. I will PM you. thank you.
yeah :frown: *hugs* I dont have irregular periods or any painful ones. how old are you? i am 20 and it is frustrating because I have to get it waxed and seeing women who have clear skin really hurts me :frown:

i will go, thanks so much for your motivation... it really makes a difference to me. I will PM you. thank you.

I'm 17, yes please do, we can go more into detail haha. Honestly I will talk to you properly on PM, but everything will be alright I promise! :smile:

Same :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending