The Student Room Group

Girls can you tell me the inside story on what hot girls are insecure about?

Scroll to see replies

So you set your standards too high and everyone else is the problem?

Sound logic.
Reply 41
Too high? but why is it fair that snivelling little towie boys get them? its not like they are total winners at life?

If the guys they went for were total alpha mountain men like say whats his name rebel without a cause...oh ye marlon brando. Then I would modestly accept the better man won but its like the ultimate insult to see what junk they go for. So disgusting it makes me wanna kill myself mostly tbh.

As if life was moulded specifically to rub it in my face.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Harambulus
Too high? but why is it fair that snivelling little towie boys get them? its not like they are total winners at life?

If the guys they went for were total alpha mountain men like say whats his name rebel without a cause...oh ye marlon brando. Then I would modestly accept the better man won but its like the ultimate insult to see what junk they go for. So disgusting it makes me wanna kill myself mostly tbh.

From your post you don't sounds like a particularly nice person. Maybe you should work on that and people may find you more attractive, instead of victimising yourself. You sound like a person who thinks he is entitled to women. Well... you're not and no one is. That may be the real reason they avoid you.

Also please don't throw around something as serious as suicide so casually - it makes me cringe. :facepalm:
Tl;dr answer question in title.

I have accepted that females of the 8-10 range will eternally despise my pathetic existence; thrust into the ranks of any other guy in a club who doesnt look like joey essex. Pompadour haircut and skinny jeans abound and not forgetting the jizz glazed sheen complexion to complete the gut wringing affrontery.

I am looked at in disgust like a maggot, upon a rotting carcass; if indeed I even get the privelege of being acknowledged as a sentient lifeform at all.

Their veneer is apparently impenetrable to a pathetic amoeba like myself. These paragons of aesthetics with their trascendent titanium galvanised armour developed with precision to ensure worthless and decrepid genes such as mine never mingle with the aryan super race. Nay, only the evolutionarily superb genes of the morally moribund herd may carouse hither.

So out of interest I just wondered are they indeed infallible? do they have real emotions like us pond scum who dwell in misery at the bottom of the pool? or are, as I feared, their lives completely perfect apart from aognising about whether they will get the chance to fawn over the pop idol of their wet dream fantasies?

And before ppl say it Im not a virgin. I get laid approximately every 2-4 months according to the calculated averages on my spreadsheet. But unfortunately for my ever agonising loins I shall never be able to grasp that sweet nectar of the upper echelons. So I must use these lowly compensating tactics in a lame effort to steal any knowledge I can of these occult creatures.

You're a faggot, harry,
Reply 44
Original post by william walker
I know a 10 from here. So... Also a couple of 8's.

Hear, hear! :hat:
Tl;dr answer question in title.

I have accepted that females of the 8-10 range will eternally despise my pathetic existence; thrust into the ranks of any other guy in a club who doesnt look like joey essex. Pompadour haircut and skinny jeans abound and not forgetting the jizz glazed sheen complexion to complete the gut wringing affrontery.

I am looked at in disgust like a maggot, upon a rotting carcass; if indeed I even get the privelege of being acknowledged as a sentient lifeform at all.

Their veneer is apparently impenetrable to a pathetic amoeba like myself. These paragons of aesthetics with their trascendent titanium galvanised armour developed with precision to ensure worthless and decrepid genes such as mine never mingle with the aryan super race. Nay, only the evolutionarily superb genes of the morally moribund herd may carouse hither.

So out of interest I just wondered are they indeed infallible? do they have real emotions like us pond scum who dwell in misery at the bottom of the pool? or are, as I feared, their lives completely perfect apart from aognising about whether they will get the chance to fawn over the pop idol of their wet dream fantasies?

And before ppl say it Im not a virgin. I get laid approximately every 2-4 months according to the calculated averages on my spreadsheet. But unfortunately for my ever agonising loins I shall never be able to grasp that sweet nectar of the upper echelons. So I must use these lowly compensating tactics in a lame effort to steal any knowledge I can of these occult creatures.

Lol according to averages on your spreadsheet 😂. I actually laughed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carrotstar
Actually this is better English than the vast majority will ever speak. Look in a Jane Austen novel and at first it might seem like gibberish, but it's just an old-fashioned (and grammatically correct) way of speaking. The wording of historical dramas reflects that style of speech, too.

Erm, no, it's not. It's riddled with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. It's come from someone who has tried very hard, but possesses insufficient skill to correctly adopt this manner of writing.

And before ppl say it Im not a virgin. I get laid approximately every 2-4 months according to the calculated averages on my spreadsheet.

Found your problem.
Original post by carrotstar
Actually this is better English than the vast majority will ever speak. Look in a Jane Austen novel and at first it might seem like gibberish, but it's just an old-fashioned (and grammatically correct) way of speaking. The wording of historical dramas reflects that style of speech, too.

Oh well, thanks for that....

Spoiler

Original post by enaayrah
The vast majority includes hot girls?

It may be grammatically correct but I don't think it's 'proper'. If anyone talked to me like that I would turn away from them, because it would make me feel dehumanised.

Don't get me wrong, I take English Literature at A Level and have read some very complex English, but to speak like that in an informal setting is patronising.

Err isn't it much more patronising for someone to dumb down their speech and be insincere?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Err isn't it much more patronising for someone to dumb down their speech and be insincere?

I don't mean that the OP should talk to someone like a child. The OP should talk to people in a 'normal' way that doesn't involve vocabulary most people aren't comfortable with.
I don't mean that the OP should talk to someone like a child. The OP should talk to people in a 'normal' way that doesn't involve vocabulary most people aren't comfortable with.

The point stands, it's patronising to not be articulate or say anything intelligent or that involves a word to elaborate a concept, to act less intelligent to make people comfortable. Anyway, isn't there a problem if people think any conversation beyond stupidity that involves articulating anything is 'pretentious', 'makes them uncomfortable', or if they are all inverted snobs about decent English that isn't vulgar and is articulate?

To some extent I know hwat you'#re getting out. When it is virility or old style manhood or someone really good looking you could take it, but when a guy is rejected for the most unremarkable and unattractive guys, who aren't even manly or virile, just because they are a bit 'nasty' this really is a bit of an odd phenomenon.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
The point stands, it's patronising to not be articulate or say anything intelligent or that involves a word to elaborate a concept , to act less intelligent to make people comfortable. Anyway, isn't there a problem if people think any conversation beyond stupidity that involves articulating anything is 'pretentious', 'makes them uncomfortable', or if they are all inverted snobs about decent English that isn't vulgar and is articulate?

So basically people who don't understand your words offend you?

If you were truly 'articulate' you'd be able to explain a concept with without using words that aren't commonly used in speaking.

The second phrase in bold should answer your further questions.
(edited 8 years ago)
you track your **** buddies on a spreadsheet? :lol: :rofl: :rofl: holy ****
Why spend time pondering upon the demeanour of females who believe that they have authority over others who are not as socially privileged as them?
Their authority could be due to the dehumanisation they face from others of a contrasting situations, and the segregation between those who are attractive or not. Their self consciousness could be derived from the expectations which entail their popularity.
My closest friend is a popular and perpetually beautiful being, however behind her smiles she is also one of the most self conscious people. It appears as though no matter how physically agreeable one is, true self contentment is deterred by images distributed by the media, but is attained when yE STOP FKN LABELIN THER LOKS
So basically people who don't understand your words offend you?

If you were truly 'articulate' you'd be able to explain a concept with without using words that aren't commonly used in speaking.

The second phrase in bold should answer your further questions.

No, you're twisting it. This has digressed. My main point is that it's not patronising or pretentious to use vocabulary if it elaborates something as only it can, and you think they can understand. It's fine to talk about pretension etc, I think we live in a culture which is the opposite.Inverse intelllectual snobbery is not a good thing, nor regarding anyone who wants to say anything articulate with contempt. But my main point is that it's patronising, more than any other thing, to pitch stuff low and not believe people can understand it when you know full well they can, people have a culture in this country of being shamed of brains or revelling in anti-intellectualism. It's patronising to act dumber than your mark, clearly.
Reply 57
I am disgusted by the constant demeaning slights being arrowed towards the original poster on this specific "thestudentroom" thread. More like the "bullying room". Unacceptable .
I have to admit, the way you wrote that made my day XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending