The Student Room Group

How to retake?

Hi all
As you will be I am eagerly awaiting my results for this year. Entry for my course atm is 300 points or 3 Bs.

Now I actually took one A2 and two AS subjects this year due to health but my A2 subject is worrying me slightly.

If I should have to retake how do you suggest I go about it, attend lessons as normal or revise on my own?

Thanks for any advice

Abzz
Hi

I guess you did some AS levels last year too to make it possible to gain 300 points?

First, let's see how you actually get on - you may have done better than you think and there'll be no reason to worry.

If you do need to resit then how you do this depends on a number of factors - here's a few:
- do you have the spare time to be in classes most days?
- will you have to pay for the tuition?
- are you a good independent learner or do you need to be in classes with a teacher?
- if you're studying independently, who's going to mark your work and give you important feedback?

Why not, wait for the results. If there's a problem, talk it over with your teachers and then decide what's best.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you next Thursday! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you very much!
I'm sure my teachers would look over any work I did. The subject is psychology so it's really just a case of learning the mountain of studies

I'm so nervous haha
Original post by Abzz789
Hi all
As you will be I am eagerly awaiting my results for this year. Entry for my course atm is 300 points or 3 Bs.

Now I actually took one A2 and two AS subjects this year due to health but my A2 subject is worrying me slightly.

If I should have to retake how do you suggest I go about it, attend lessons as normal or revise on my own?

Thanks for any advice

Abzz

If it's just the one exam you'd be resitting, I suggest studying independantly. Will cost you about £30. As you'll only be revising for one, you'll have a lot of spare time to work/volunteer or get experience
Reply 4
I'm not able to work or volunteer during term time due to ill health. I'm sure I could re do it through school and not have to pay though, right?
Reply 5
Realised I didn't make my self so clear, will be returning to school to finish the A2 of the two other subjects I took this year
Original post by Abzz789
Realised I didn't make my self so clear, will be returning to school to finish the A2 of the two other subjects I took this year

Oh right! In that case, you should retake at your college and attend lessons alongside completing your other A levels :smile:
Reply 7
Cheers :smile: there's just so much content :-O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending