The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan\
I'm doing the STEP Correspondence Program so I've just been doing the first few assignments for that before the launch event mid-September, and just been working my way through the modules, as unlike some I haven't had the chance to complete A Levels early :lol:

What paper did you do?

1994 I think, is a good one to start on! Haha I finished mine this year (Y12) so not too early :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by Jordan\
Nope, just working my way through S1 and S2 before going back to school, and then I might think about trying some STEP ones :tongue:

I find some of the pure bad enough, never mind the applied section :lol:

Ah, fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
That was problem. Getting fulls very quickly and nearly perfectly but then sitting there not even managing a single partial. My question choice was very limited at times. Step comes at 12 on the 13th. Scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Midnight or midday? I still don't know which lol...
Original post by Renzhi10122

Midnight, so before you get A Level results but still the 13th :tongue:
Y
Original post by Renzhi10122

As soon as its 13th we will know...
My worst score could be step I. With my best score being in this years hard II paper lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y

My worst score could be step I. With my best score being in this years hard II paper lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed ☺️ You'll be fine!
Original post by Jordan\
Midnight, so before you get A Level results but still the 13th :tongue:

Y

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the info, and good luck
Reply 67
Y

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any ideas on boundaries? Everyone I asked has a different idea of the papers' difficulty, except for agreement on II being bad. Some people found STEP 3 decent compared to old papers, some found it awful... Same for I to some extent.

(Yes, I'm getting stressed lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Any ideas on boundaries? Everyone I asked has a different idea of the papers' difficulty, except for agreement on II being bad. Some people found STEP 3 decent compared to old papers, some found it awful... Same for I to some extent.

(Yes, I'm getting stressed lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are 1 boundaries.
STEP I 72
STEP II 71
STEP III 65

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
These are 1 boundaries.
STEP I 72
STEP II 71
STEP III 65

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks reasonable I suppose. The step boundaries do seem a bit random though, seemingly they have little to do with how people found it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are 1 boundaries.
STEP I 72
STEP II 71
STEP III 65

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are those the real boundaries? If so do you have the boundaries for the other grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by biscuit_snapper
Are those the real boundaries? If so do you have the boundaries for the other grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predictions
Reply 72
My predictions

Do you agree with 95ish for an S on step 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are 1 boundaries.
STEP I 72
STEP II 71
STEP III 65

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon lower for the II boundary personally, although I found it better than III lol
I was thinking more
75ish (haven't really thought / cared about it much), 67, 65

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jjsnyder
1994 I think, is a good one to start on! Haha I finished mine this year (Y12) so not too early :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah I just got confused there for a second. In N.I our Y12 is your Y11, so I'm going into Y14 next year so it takes me a bit of thinking when people talk about the English system 😂
Do you guys want me to post the STEP Correspondence assignments that this years applicants were sent as a start off point? They aren't available on the website as they are just assignments made up of old ones but it would still be nice to use if you want? :smile:
Original post by Alex_Aits
I reckon lower for the II boundary personally, although I found it better than III lol
I was thinking more
75ish (haven't really thought / cared about it much), 67, 65

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so as it will make my II score look more geniune then the disaster that was III.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it be a good idea to start on, say, the 2010 papers for STEP and then work your way backwards, so you can get a feel for what the more recent exams are like and ignore questions that are kind of 'out of date' and not worry about them as much, and then say around march time or something get started on the 2011+ papers?
Original post by Jordan\
Would it be a good idea to start on, say, the 2010 papers for STEP and then work your way backwards, so you can get a feel for what the more recent exams are like and ignore questions that are kind of 'out of date' and not worry about them as much, and then say around march time or something get started on the 2011+ papers?

Na you will prob do 2011+ late may early june tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na you will prob do 2011+ late may early june tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok :smile: Would it still be a good idea to work backwards form 2010 or so?

Latest

Trending

Trending