The Student Room Group

Best Paid Jobs with These A-levels.....

Hi,
Im going into Year 12 and have picked Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Maths but I have no idea what I want to do as a job. I definitely want to go to University and a well payed job is important to me. My favourite subjects is science so I was wondering what jobs I can do with these options and the best payed ones.
Reply 1
You can do many science degrees except those requiring physics, obvs.

There's loads of degree's out there related to science. You could do academic degrees such as Biology/Chemistry/Geography depending on whether you take them to A2 Level or not. To do Maths at a good uni, you'll usually need further maths.

Then there are vocational degrees e.g. medicine/dentistry/pharmacy which you could apply to. They usually have high employment rates too.

Engineering (Mechanical, Civil etc.) is another option, though you need to be doing Physics instead of Biology/Geography. There's Chemical Engineering you could do without doing Physics though, but is probably still recommended.

There's a whole host of other degrees, go to UCAS and other uni's websites that interest you and search for courses you'll be interested in.

High paying degrees in the science industry definitely include medicine/dentistry as well as disciplines of engineering and you could work in high paying sectors such as the petroleum industry.

If all you're looking for is money though, you're better off in finance. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
First thing that comes to mind is an actuary
Medicine/dentistry.

Quick Reply

Latest