The Student Room Group

90% of whites play the race card.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by G8D
The thread is incredibly racist.

Stop playing the race card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I definitely agree. A lot of white people (British) I know seem to be oblivious to blatant racism, if they are spoken to about that racist incident, you know what, it isn't racist although it clearly is, but to their eyes the 'race card' is being used. It's like they refuse to believe that racism is still about, then they'd make a cheeky remark like 'it's not like the old days' as if racism has an expiry date. I've never experienced it with any other race or country.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I've spent most of the past 30 years of life living in cosmopolitan London/Reading, and I'm still not used to it :dontknow:

Spoiler

Why are you still not used to it,habibti?

I think multiculturalism is just what this country needs. Also I've realised,some natives just can't stand foreigners coming into this country and doing better than them in terms of job prospects and finances etc
Reply 43
Original post by Foo.mp3
Feel free to quote me where I've been racist, sport :borat:

I can assure you I am not, I still find it strange/a little uncomfortable, to live in a place that is both my hometown and yet a place where I often feel in the minority, standing out/crowded out, hearing speech I do not understand, feeling less able to relate to those around me than I find to be the case elsewhere, and (sometimes hostile) eyes on me. This applies to both white and non-white immigrants, btw. Realtalk

Spoiler

I don't accept it either, but I know the difference, thank you. I have love for humanity, and believe in diversity, but not on any scale/at any cost (economic, social, security, or otherwise). Many many of my fellow educated, open eyed, non-apathetic, non-working class countrymen feel the same way, they just often can't bring themselves to admit it (for fear of encountering slanderous fools like yourself).. There's a difference

Older generations get away with being more candid about their sentiments because they are excused e.g. on the basis of condescentions like 'being of a generation that knew no better', 'not being used to diversity', 'being a bit senile', and also because they are not subject to the same ramifications e.g. on the basis of being somewhat 'retired' and hence not having to face repercussions in their academic/vocational careers and personal lives (right wing views/xenophobic sentiments are subject to social stigma) for falling foul of political correctness :shakecane:

How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
White babies should spend the first few years of their lives away from their parents to prevent them adopting racist views from their parents. Or perhaps we should force white families to adopt one black child for each of their own children.
Reply 45
Original post by noodlesoups
Tell that to Kris Donald, you ignorant racist.

How am I a racist for telling the truth? And let's be honest, although his murder was blatantly a hate crime, something like this affecting a white person in England is extremely rare.
Original post by Ndella
Yeah I've noticed that OP. White people understanding the concept of racism (in white majority countries) is like explaining to a brain surgeon how to perform brain surgery. They will never understand as they haven't experienced it.

So a brain surgeon has never experienced performing brain surgery? Looool your **** analogy makes no sense....
Reply 47
Original post by leinad2012
So a brain surgeon has never experienced performing brain surgery? Looool your **** analogy makes no sense....

I meant a complete amateur teaching a well-experienced one lol. I should have specified that haha.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Feel free to quote me where I've been racist, sport :borat:

I can assure you I am not, I still find it strange/a little uncomfortable, to live in a place that is both my hometown and yet a place where I often feel in the minority, standing out/crowded out, hearing speech I do not understand, feeling less able to relate to those around me than I find to be the case elsewhere, and (sometimes hostile) eyes on me. This applies to both white and non-white immigrants, btw. Realtalk

Spoiler

I don't accept it either, but I know the difference, thank you. I have love for humanity, and believe in diversity, but not on any scale/at any cost (economic, social, security, or otherwise). Many many of my fellow educated, open eyed, non-apathetic, non-working class countrymen feel the same way, they just often can't bring themselves to admit it (for fear of encountering slanderous fools like yourself).. There's a difference

Older generations feel freer to/get away with being more candid because they are excused e.g. on the basis of condescentions like 'being of a generation that knew no better', 'not being used to diversity', 'being a bit senile', and also because they are not subject to the same ramifications e.g. on the basis of being somewhat 'retired' and hence not having to face repercussions in their academic/vocational careers and personal lives (right wing views/xenophobic sentiments are subject to arbitrary social stigma) for falling foul of political correctness :shakecane:

Do you feel like you've not seen any benefits to having a variety of people from different countries on your street? Do you prefer if it were just natives of the UK?
Original post by Killa Kam
Come back when you learn to speak English, maybe then I will spare the time to give you a feasible answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know english it's that my english isn't as advanced as yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
My parents are liberals, I was born xenophobic; racism never featured. Is this really what the world has come to: minorities calling for babies to be separated from their parents at birth so that they can be brainwashed by crypto-fascist ‘liberals’!? Is this what ‘tolerance’ gets us!? :lolwut:

Lead balloon :erm:

Ok, that seperation idea was a bit extreme, but wth does 'crypto-fascist' mean lol? And if you resent minority rights so much, don't worry, you'll have them soon enough... then whites will once again have the advantage of both white privilege and the same rights as everyone else, which is unfair...
Original post by Johann von Gauss
White babies should spend the first few years of their lives away from their parents to prevent them adopting racist views from their parents. Or perhaps we should force white families to adopt one black child for each of their own children.

This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have read on TSR to date.

Is it only white people that can racist?
Original post by DiddyDec
This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have read on TSR to date.

Is it only white people that can racist?

Fine, disregard the first idea ,but the adoption idea is sound. Of course not; Asian people are racist, as we all know.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I agree, but it should be smaller scale, more evenly spread, carefully managed, and not involve impoverished/uneducated members of civilisations that are at odds with our own (chiefly: ‘the Muslim world’) or else you get ‘The Clash of Civlisations’, with disastrous consequences for everyone (as we are starting to see in The West, as the whole thing unravels) :erm:

Naturally, pride is bad enough, but pride tinged with racism is absolutely revolting. That said, it is incumbent upon successful newcomers to act with grace and decency, just as it is for British ex-pats abroad. It's very unbecoming to rub anything in the faces of people in their own lands..

To be honest, no. My neighbours where I was living previously, with family, were foreign and there was a distinct lack of integration/social engagement, compared with what I was used to growing up. Part of the problem is the way we live these days if we lived in this immersive, fluid communal society then I’m sure the lighter multicultural issues would be reduced but we don’t, we live in quite a rigid one, where spatial effects are significant

My parents are liberals, I was born xenophobic; racism never featured. Is this really what the world has come to: minorities calling for babies to be separated from their parents at birth so that they can be brainwashed by crypto-fascist ‘liberals’!? Is this what ‘tolerance’ gets us!? :lolwut:

Lead balloon :erm:

Nope, see above. That said, many would be more comfortable in these circumstances e.g. due to xenophobia/Islamophobia, although it’s also fair to say that these phobias are magnified by failed state multiculturalism/are lessened by successful efforts to integrate immigrants

I don't understand how people can say that when they've never had to flee a civil war or poverty. Do you support the border being open to Syrian refugees? This is so disturbing to hear you say this,some people have no option but to come here or else pay with their lives.

Most people who do come here are very respectful of this country and your laws,it's usually expats living abroad that are the opposite. Also why are they called expats,are they not considered immigrants if they've abroad for better opportunities?

You're xenophobic??? Perhaps there needs to be a separation if the parents are racist xenophobes who blame everything going wrong on immigrants. These are no responsible parents. And I'm talking about people of all colour but mostly those who are skin head type nationalists
(edited 8 years ago)
Fine, disregard the first idea ,but the adoption idea is sound. Of course not; Asian people are racist, as we all know.

All Asian people?

Still a silly idea, families should only adopt if it is in the best interest of the child.

Anyone can be racist, no matter what race they are.
All Asian people?

Still a silly idea, families should only adopt if it is in the best interest of the child.

Anyone can be racist, no matter what race they are.

Of course, but through adoption, white families will become more tolerant. And black people are less racist than whites and asians. That is a fact.
Of course, but through adoption, white families will become more tolerant. And black people are less racist than whites and asians. That is a fact.

Have you got evidence to support that "fact"?
Have you got evidence to support that "fact"?

You be the only black guy at a white event, and see if everyone stares. Until you experience that, you have no grounds to be anything but apologetic for the racism we get from whites.
whites invented the term "race card"
Original post by queen-bee
It's so simple to spot a racist immediately. But yeah you're right and also when they are told they're racist they get all defensive

But you are white?

Quick Reply