The Student Room Group

changing a course for the second time

Hey :smile: To cut my story short: originally, I applied for Politics and French at Nottingham, but then discovered a Modern European Studies degree which I preferred - so I e-mailed the departement and received my offer for the latter. However, I've found another course (yes, I am indecisive, I know) - Communications Studies and French and despite at first being put off by the fact that it may be viewed as a "mickey mouse" degree by the employers, I still love the structure and its modules seem just perfect for me. So, I have a few questions concerning swaping the courses for the second time :redface: :

- I have my offer for sure, right? Or can they decline my application, seeing that I am so indecisive? All three courses are offered by one departement...
- What shall I include in my e-mail? Obviously my reasons for the change, but shall I attempt to to explain why it's my second change already? And also - shall I write that if they let me change, I'll put the offer as my firm?

Any advice/tips much appreciated! Thanks :smile:
They can't revoke your offer just for asking to change courses- all they can do is say no. I wouldn't draw attention to the fact that it's your second change just in case they get a bit annoyed, although they shouldn't do. Just give the name and code for the course you have an offer for at the moment, the name and code for the course you want to switch to and explain your reasons. Saying that you'd choose it as your firm would be a good idea as well because they might be more likely to agree, and hopefully because all 3 courses are run by the same department, there won't be any problems.
Reply 2
I would do what Kelly said. Just don't let them know its the second time you've changed your mind, it may annoy them. lol

Or could you not apply to it through track later?

Latest

Trending

Trending